Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Things getting to me

Mia_mooMia_moo Posts: 146 Helping Hand
So right now I'm just led in bed feeling pretty upset, I still have people, people I thought were 'friends' just not answering me. It kind of hurts you know because I'd be there if anyone needed me. I don't know what I've done wrong, don't know what I've said wrong and I'm just left to wonder why they are avoiding me ☹️Was hoping today would be an alright day, but I know this is going to play on my mind and I'll probably keep checking if I have any responses, which is stupid because my heart will sink each time but how can I not I miss them 😭 I guess they don't miss me or anything. 
Feeling really low now and I don't think I'm even going to open my curtains today to be honest, I had planned to try and go somewhere but I just don't think I can. Don't want to end up bursting into tears in public 

Comments

• Mia_mooMia_moo Posts: 146 Helping Hand
    Think I'm just pathetic and stupid honestly that's probably why. They don't need someone like me when they have the choice of other people 😭😭😭
  • Kathleen07Kathleen07 Posts: 1,938 Extreme Poster
    Aww, sending a loving hug moo :heart:

I don't think of you as pathetic or stupid at all. You seem like a really nice person and I'm really enjoying having you here.

It does sound very hurtful to have those people avoiding you. It's understandable that you miss them.

Let us know how you're feeling now xx
  • SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    Hey Mia 

did you manage to go out today or do anything? It's okay if you didn't either - it's good to know yourself to know if it would be too much and just stay inside and that's okay too <3 

It sounds really hard to feel like they're ignoring you. its easy to feel like we have done something wrong if people dont reply. it's really usually never anything personal. Cause I'm one of those people who hardly reply to people who message me- mostly on social media and it's never because they have done anything it's usually because I'm just iscolating myself. And there could be other reasons too. Its hard when you miss them too. 

How are you feeling now?<3 here is wanna speak more 
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Butterfly23Butterfly23 Posts: 810 Part of The Mix Family
    Hello Mia,

Sending you massive hugs your way, I can tell that you were feeling really alone so its understandable to feel upset and distressed about that. You will always have us at the mix if you need support or a general chat!  <3

I don't believe that you are pathetic or stupid at all, I know that its difficult when people don't rely to us as most of the time we jump to thinking that they think badly of us or are purposely ignoring us. When this happens to me I try to rationalise and think of other reasons as to why someone may not be replying like are they busy? maybe they are having a bad day? or maybe they just haven't seen the message?  :)

Just also to add, if you haven't done anything today then that's okay. Your allowed to have an off day, as anyone is and try to remember that tomorrow is a new day and may be a little better.  <3

We are here for you,

Butterfly x
  • Mia_mooMia_moo Posts: 146 Helping Hand
    Thank you guys. I appreciate the support, I haven't long woken up. Just drank a bit and slept really..but I'll be ok x 
    They have been posting things in stories and replying to others in chat so I know they aren't that busy..kind of just feel like I'm being annoying to them. Thank you for not thinking I'm stupid it means a lot, glad I have you guys ❤️
  • Butterfly23Butterfly23 Posts: 810 Part of The Mix Family
    Hey,

I hope you are feeling a bit better today  <3

I just want you to know that if your friends are ignoring you then its their loss, you seem like a lovely person and deserve to have friends who appreciate and care for you  :)

We are always here,

Butterfly x
  • L100L100 Posts: 128 The Mix Convert
    I’ve also had friends not talking to me recently for a reason but perhaps it because of summer or their busy because like if there on holiday perhaps they can’t text due to it being expensive or they got punished by their parents who took their phone away.
    . Have you ever thought of other reasons why they aren’t talking to you. 
  • knownaslonerknownasloner Posts: 48 Boards Initiate
    Hey.

Firstly, I hope you’re having a better day today.

I understand what you’re going through. For a few years I had several people who I thought were friends only to find out later that they were not. It feels horrible to put so much effort into a friendship and get less or nothing back in return. But, I can assure you, that there’s a very low possibility you have done anything wrong. If these so-called friends aren’t answering you, then that’s their loss because you sound like an amazing person!

Don’t let them get you down, just remind yourself that you’re worthy of better friends who will treat you with the respect you deserve. They are out there, it just might take time to find them.

If you want to talk further or vent to someone, I’m here  <3