Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Anxiety

dogmad20dogmad20 Posts: 152 Helping Hand
Hi all 
after some support please I have been feeling low again with anxiety never had  anxiety  before so it’s very werid and strange horrid feeling? Please offer me support and tips?
thanks 

Comments

• Options
    Past UserPast User Posts: 0 Just got here
    Well done for posting this here <3 I'm sure plenty of people will have advice for you, and you now you can always use this thread if you need support :) A good place to start would be telling people what seems to trigger your anxiety so people can help you accordingly. One thing I can tell you for certain is that you won't be alone in what you're feeling. Hope you start to feel better soon!
  • Options
    Ol thanks me too but it seems to only happen when meeting new people  and at the moment it only seems to happen when at college?
  • Options
    oh and btw, if someone posts something and you want to reply to them or thank them, you can do "@their_name" :) such as @dogmad20
  • Options
    @Spook98 thanks like that?
  • Options
    yeah that's right :)
  • Options
    Great hope I get some support on here now?
  • Options
    Kathleen07Kathleen07 Posts: 1,938 Extreme Poster
    Sending you some hugs dogmad :heart:

Anxiety's horrible. Do you know what's making you anxious, or does it seem to happen for no particular reason? You say it happens when you're meeting new people, do you think that's due to a lack of confidence or anything? xx
  • Options
    @Kathryn Well it only happens when I attend college at the moment but I have always been shy 
  • Options
    Do you think its social anxiety from being around lots of people you dont know?
  • Options
    @Spook98 could be but I know everyone  at college now and it has  just started happening in the last 3 months 
  • Options
    Kathleen07Kathleen07 Posts: 1,938 Extreme Poster
    Yeah, I've always been a bit shy as well.

I read another post of yours not long ago where you said you've been feeling sad and tearful too. It sounds like you've been having a rough time :frown: How are you feeling otherwise, do you only feel bad at college?

A few things that help me when I'm anxious are listening to music, exercise, writing about it, and taking slow breaths x
  • Options
    Yes it is rough sad and tearful  only at college 
  • Options
    And don’t want to  enter the classroom at the moment 
  • Options
    Butterfly23Butterfly23 Posts: 810 Part of The Mix Family
    Hey!

I think that breathing exercises, distractions and maybe going to see your GP would be the best options? 💗

I understand how hard anxiety/social anxiety can be and struggle with it a lot myself at college also, actually at college I think that letting the teachers aware that you may be a little late to lessons and sometimes might need there support to enter the classroom could be a good idea and something worth a try?

Can I ask, is there any reason that you can think of as to why you have started to feel anxious relating to people? as sometimes things that have happened such as bullying can affect our feelings and the way we cope.I know you said that you were shy, so maybe that is one reason do you think? :)

Butterfly x
  • Options
    @Butterfly23 been to gp  yesterday they wouldn’t help me.  Yep I will make tutors aware when I’m next in Wednesday. Yep shy and I was bullied last month at college 
  • Options
    I find watching a cat rescue webcam and a donkey sanctuary webcams helps 
  • Options
    I'm glad to hear that you are going to speak to your tutors, I think that could be a good step to take! I hope that you will let us know how that goes. :)

I'm sorry to hear that you have been bullied, is this still ongoing or has it stopped? I can understand why that may have had an impact on your anxiety and feelings towards new people. Have you had the chance to speak to anyone about the bullying and how its made you feel?  <3

Butterfly x

• Options
    Bullying has now stopped and I did speak to college welfare when it happened as it was Before break but now no support.
    The bullying hasn’t made me feel like this it’s just no reason  
  • Options
    Well done for speaking out about the bullying as that in itself is a really brave thing to do, you say that the bullying hasn't caused these feelings but sometimes things that happen can impact us and we don't realise it  <3

I think for me, from feeling really anxious I thought that it was random but when I dig deeper it relates to things in my past, and life can do that to us sometimes!

Have you used any other online support services? 

Butterfly x

• Options
    Nope 
  • Options
    Nope what?  <3
  • Options
    Nope to other online support services only  use this one 
  • Options
    Okay, well there is kooth, Samaritans and others. There's also a lot of online resources for dealing with anxiety, like self help booklets.  <3
  • Options
    Could you post links to resources? I have tried other websites but only like this One 
  • Options
    If I can I’ll find then tomorrow x
  • Options
    Ok if you can please post but don’t want any more websites just resources 
  • Options
    Like self help stuff then? X
  • Options
    Yes please 
  • Options
    Okay I’ll get that done today 😊x
  • Options
    Ok thanks @Butterfly23 that would be great and post it here?