Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Mental Health assessment

Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,146 Part of The Furniture
edited July 2019 in Health & Wellbeing

^^ Ignore That it won’t let me delete it 😩

Friday  night I Did something which landed me in an ambulance and got take to A&E . When I was discharged I got told would get followed up by Crisis Saturday afternoon. Got until Wednesday when my young carers worker chased them to find it wasn’t them dealing with me it was Mental Health liaison team. I ended up with a letter in the post to ring to make an appointment for a Mental health assessment which I now have On Monday at 1 back in A&E . 

Im really worrying about it I keep thinking about all the situations that can happen like what if they don’t let me go home or that they don’t believe anything is wrong with me. 

I know there reports can be really in depth Because I’ve seen my sisters and then comment on all sorts like appearance and behaviour not just the Mental health side of things and I’m really worried that it’s going to make me out to be some sort of monster .

I also had my CAMHS Summary discharge letter today and I just keep reading it over and over I genuinely feel like I let my worker from there down because she’s sounded so proud of me in the letter there is Literally a whole paragraph on everything I’ve done really well.

She also said that in the last few sessions she wanted to spend the time thinking about all the brilliant changes I had made of the over the past 6 months but as the time got closer I found it more difficult to attend and saying goodbye was too challenging for me . Which is true Because I cancelled my last 3 sessions with her Because I didn’t want to say goodbye.

Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.

Comments

• Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,495 Skive's The Limit
    edited July 2019
    Heyy,

the unknown of Monday's appointment can defiantly feel scarey. You're doing really well seeking support about it on here. Tbh it sounds very unlikely that they will keep you in hospital. I don’t know what sort of assessment is that? But I've had a few mental health assessments where they're assessing if I need to be sectioned and nothing (expect few times) actually comes out of it (hospital wise) even when I'm saying how bad my thoughts of wanting to end my life are. It's best to be honest cause they could offer different support. Hospital is very last option and it's doesn't really help unless can't be in the community for your safety or others,need immediate treatment and don't have support from family to keep an eye on you or no mental capicity and stuff. You have done well to keep yourself safe since Friday and they will be able to see that.

They dont have any reason to not believe anyone and they try to listen since you're only person who knows how you feel. 

How are you feeling about what you did on Friday now? Sounds like friday was challenging and tough. Hope you're doing bit better since then 

You havent let your worker down. Those things are what you achieved and having a really challenging time doesn't change what you achieved. 

They do comment on all sort like eye contact and whether you're "well kept" as to do with MH but they do also consider things for that too since that's not always about how unwell or well you're but they still seem to take note of it. 

You did well to cancel your appointments if you thought that was what's best for you and really good to make choices for ourselves to take care of our selves. 

What do you want to come out from Monday appointment? I hope you get what sort of support you're hoping by turning up to it. We will be here for you either way. 
    Hugs <3
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    Hi @shaunie

Im not sure what type of assessment it is either but I from what I can remember from my sisters report they look at like appearance , mental health history , eating habits , behaviours , what lead to what happened etc. Knowing me this is when it’s completely different 🙄

been struggling since Friday , a part of my kind of wishes Friday at worked because I’m just tired of things getting worse and not getting better.

I think I just need that support again , the problem I have is that I’m that person who needs constant support to get through a journey like not just here’s the tools off you go I need someone to be there to tell me I’m dojng it right essentially to guide me . Mum also thinks I need anti depressants but when I asked the Gp yesterday she said she’s going to wait and see what the report from Mental health liaison team says 

Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • Options
    Ohh I see well i don’t know that much about services so just thinking out loud but sounds like it's either an assessment to see if the CMHT can help or it's an assessment to see if hospital would help.  But guess sounds Its maybe CMHT since maybe wouldn't have assessment that long after, I dont think. Plus maybe they're called mental health "act" assesments idek lol

I guess they look at different things depending on person & what they see is important for the assessment. but either way I guess it's best to be completly honest  and that way they will be able to help the best way they can. Though tbh I sat in mental health assessments and the meetings after in work experience and some of the reasons that they didn't accept the referral was a bit odd imo. And upsetting when put hope into getting some support out of it but get nothing- hopefully that won't happen and get what you need/ want from Monday but guess to be mindful of outcomes ect. Do you think you can get that support from someone else?
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    @Shaunie I don’t know who else would help if they can’t recommend anything it would just have to be by GP and I don’t see her until midway through August now and I’ve been officially discharged from CAMHS and they wouldn’t be able to have be back becuase of my age 
  • Options
    Really stressing about going on Monday . I’m feeling pretty rubbish , being so mentally Low is making me feel physically horrible and haven’t eaten anything since yesterday afternoon and it’s just making things worse , I just know I’m going to have to force myself to eat later because I’m just going to make thing 100x worse . I’m scared of telling them about everything and then not being able to be referred into everywhere because I Literally have no one to support me in the community and I’m scares Friday is going to happen again because I’m struggling so much :(
  • Options
    Butterfly23Butterfly23 Posts: 810 Part of The Mix Family
    @Millie2787

I can understand you must be feeling stressed about your assessment on Monday, it can feel quite scary thinking that you are left to cope with everything on your own and can cause you to feel overwhelmed. Only advice I can say it so be 100% honest, that's the best chance you'll have of receiving the help you need.  <3

If you are struggling or in crisis remember there are services available to you and we are always here to support you, let us know how the meeting goes on  <3

Butterfly x
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    Thank you @Butterfly23

Your probs all fed up of me saying it but the assessment is tomorrow At one  and I really am panicking over it . These last 2 nights of got barley any sleep Because I just keep thinking about it over and over and over. It’s stressing me out to the point I don’t want to go :(
  • Options
    coc0maccoc0mac Posts: 1,054 Wise Owl
    Hi @Millie2787

I just wanted to let you know that we will never be fed up - you are important and you have every right to talk about something as much as you like. In fact, it's really really good to talk - so you're doing the right thing :heart:

You have shown so much strength and courage just by talking about the assessment - I really believe you can do this :heart:  We are all here for you, and it would be really good to hear how it goes afterwards. Take good care x

• Options
    We are never fed up of you @Millie2787💗
  • Options
    Know your appointment isn't until 1. But just came to say, thinking of you & hope you get the most out of it & offer support. Hugs. 🤗
  • Options
    AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,031 Boards Guru
    edited July 2019
    I hope your assessment goes okay today @Millie2787. Let us know how it goes <3
    Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
  • Options
    This whole thing is taking the shit show , no one knows what I’m doing here - I’m getting passed between minors and majors who just bleep the liaison team who won’t answer. The waiting room is really busy and it’s making me feel sick and anxious 😭
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    : (.did you see anyone in the end?  May sound stupid question but Did you have a letter for the appointment ?
  • Options
    Hey @shaunie finally saw them around twenty past 2 . The whole ordeal was just horrendous for me. Not really the outcome that I wanted but being refers to Healthy minds but they only offer 6 sessions . I know I should be grateful but I’m scared of building that attachment to the person I have , they also offer group sessions but when I read they said they weren’t suitable for those with social anxiety or foe those who use self harm as a coping mechanism  but the Liaison person said apparently there will be groups I can access 
  • Options
    StephanieStephanie Moderator Posts: 1,084 Wise Owl
    Hey Millie, :heart:

Just wanted to check in to see how you are feeling?

We are here for you, so it's really positive to see you posting. We care about you <3
                                   "Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times if only one remembers to turn on the light" - Albus Dumbledore 

"Like when I was down you just had that smile that made me feel like everything's worthwhile. Thinking of the day when you went away, what a life to take, what a bond to break, I'll be missing you"

FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    Hi @Stephanie

Thinks are okay I guess , yesterday’s whole situation was just a lot for me to handle so still kind of calming down after that.
    The Sucidal thoughts are still there but guess I just have to suck it up until I hear back from healthy minds on weather there accept the referral or not so god knows on how long that will be .

Grandads become suddenly unwell these last few days so now I’m worried he’s going to be in hospital 
  • Options
    Whoops didn’t Tag you right @Stephanie
  • Options
    Hey,

How are you feeling since the assessment?  <3

Butterfly x

• Options
    Hi @Butterfly23

Im still really struggling and I know it will be ages until I hear from healthy minds and that’s if  they ever do get in contact with me . I’m still really frustrated with her saying it sounded like I needed some long term support and then saying she’ll do a referral to What essentially a short term service. I’m still really struggling with Sucidal thoughts and Self harm . Just feel so poorly all the time because I’m just mentally rubbish which leads to me feeling it physically . Just tired off professional not listening to how hard things are for me.
  • Options
    Hey,

I understand it sounds really hard that you feel like you haven’t been able to access the appropriate support and the support you are being maybe given is only short term 💗

You know that there are services available to help with suicidal feelings such as samaritans and the mix crisis messenger, so I hope you would use them if needed 😊

I think all I can say is, keep saying how you are feeling and be honest with those around you 💗

Butterfly x