Home Introduce Yourself
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Introducing yourself to new users

BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
Hey, I know this section is meant to be for new users to introduce themselves, but I thought it would be a good idea for the older users to re-introduce themselves for the new ones  (mods too!) :) I joined this site like 5 years ago I think and theres some users that we're before me that well basically I know nothing about haha.  I'll give it a go and start (I've always hated introducing myself so might be a bit patchy lol) : 

I'm Bubbles :) I like photography, penpalling, writing and drawing, my dream is to be a writer :) one place I've always wanted to visit is Bora Bora. I joined this site 5 ish years ago looking for support and found a welcoming and supportive community. I love Harry Potter! my fav character is Luna Lovegood. my fav book is the golden compass and fav film (aside harry potter) is the saw films :) I like a bit of all music but currently my fav bands are All time low & Five finger death punch. I cant remember my natural hair colour, I've been dying it since I was 11 lol, currently a red/purple :)
' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  

Comments

• JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,284 Part of The Furniture
    edited July 2019
    Really nice idea @BubblesGoesBoo. :) Lovely intro!

I'm Mike, part of the staff team here at The Mix. I'm a film geek, keen gamer, and YouTube addict - bit of a nerd all round really. Can answer almost any trivia question about modern Doctor Who, the MCU, or various game franchises such as Halo. I also keep tropical fish, including shrimp, snails, and small shoaling fish.

I joined The Mix as a member back in ye old days, looking for some support and ended up getting pretty attached to this place (as you can probably tell). I then joined as a staff member after volunteering for a while.

Pet peeves include people open mouth chewing and cutting me off mid-sentence, and life's joys include going to the cinema and enjoying a glass of Coke after a meal. :star:  
    Post edited by JustV on
    All behaviour is a need trying to be met.
  • Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,143 Part of The Furniture
    Howdy ,

Im Millie and I’ve been here coming up to what will be a year in August 😱 I love Animals especially dogs I have a Cavalier King Charles called Louie (Lou ) and a lurcher call roxi. I love reading and am currently beginning to read gone girl. 

Many people in here know this but I have a super power , I’m a young carer ( well will be a young adult carer when I turn 18 in December ). I care for my brother and my mum most recently. So you may see me especially around key awarness  days posting some threads on different bits of information.

Anddd if you ever have a question don’t be afraid to ask :) 
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • davcr0ckdavcr0ck Posts: 774 Part of The Mix Family
    Hey, 

I'm davcr0ck,  I joined back in March this year (about 17 weeks ago) I'm also very open about my sexuality which is gay (hints in the profile picture, turgay) I have a driving passion for trains, I'm a train spotter and a rail enthusiast, normally going up and down the England and always looking for new places to go,

I have heart condition which involves having two surgery's back about 7 years ago (when I was 10),i joined the mix because I saw myself starting to go down a dark road and I didn't want that so I reached out for help and I think I actually found this one morning at like 4am when my body didn't want to back to sleep, doing random searches on the Internet😂😂 

Private message are always welcomed and I'm always happy to answers people's questions or help them in anyway 😊😊
    Love is love and everyone is accepting and can share their issues with no judge from me and I try to help 
  • dancertoridancertori Posts: 127 The Mix Convert
    yo yo yo,

I'm Tori, I've not been here for long (don't ask me when, it feels like a lifetime). i'm 19 and i do dance (incase u cant tell by my username haha), i am also a leader in training in rainbows, which is the youngest group in girl guides (running round after up to 20 5-7 yr olds 'fun')  i have multiple chronic heath conditions, as well as mental health issues.

I like too see myself as a friendly person, and i don't bite, though I would be careful around @davcr0ck, he does bite sometimes  ;)  (love ya really dav (in a friend way, not a relationship way)) 

im here if anyone ever wants a chat, even if its so they can vent.
  • *BananaMonkey**BananaMonkey* Posts: 5,462 Part of The Furniture
    Hey,

I'm BananaMonkey(will keep my real name a secret) I joined here when it was TheSite.org/YouthNet so I've been around quite a while. About 8 years. 
    This place has a very special place in my heart. Hence why I've stuck around all this time.

I enjoy watching movies, listening to music, spending time with my amazing nephews and spending time online, and also outside. :) 
    " And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
    " So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
    '' It's a beautiful day and I can't stop myself from smiling "
  • DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,739 Master Poster
    Hi,

I'm Kasa. I am a 13 year old female from the South East of England. 

I joined the boards when I was 12 years old (actually just over a month after my 12th birthday) so I have been here for 16 months. I joined here due to having issues with bullying and the 1-2-1 helplines. This place was so supportive and understanding (and still is) so I have decided to park my boat here. I also suffer with several mental health issues (depression, anxiety and an eating disorder) but it has been getting better since joining The Mix.

On here you will usually find me in the positivity corner, the ranty thread, the I need a hug thread and in private messages. I also absolutely love group chat but have only used it for 14 and a half months. 

I was recommended here by Childline and I am so grateful for that. 

In my spare time I love to watch YouTube, learn new things, chat to my friends, do gymnastics, play with my 3 cats, do performing arts and swim. I have 2 older sisters, 2 older brothers, 2 older cousins, 1 younger cousin, 1 nephew, 2 aunts, 2 uncles (one up above,) 2 sets of grandparents (1 set up above,) a mum, a dad and of course the 3 cats. I also love to do photography and I try to get out and about when my depression lets me get out of bed  (let alone out the house.) Recently I have done zip wiring on a 255 metre long zip wire, went to a trampoline park (which was awesome,) participated in a performance and participated in a 1 week performing arts course. I also love Disney (especially Aladdin and Lion King.)

I am very passionate about mental health, palm oil, e-safety, anti bullying, anti drugs and performing arts  (especially dance.) 

In the future I hope to be either a paramedic or work at the performing arts school I currently attend. Or maybe even open up a performing arts school.

That is enough of an introduction from me. You lovely people need your sleep and to save battery on your devices. 

I am only a private message away. Also feel free to post on my wall (kind stuff or rants.)

"There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,610 Legendary Poster
    Heyy!!

I’m Eleanor. I also joined here when The Mix was TheSite (just, I joined a couple of months before it became The Mix in 2016). I’m an average 16 year old who loves to listen to music (very loudly haha) and I also love most kinds of chocolate ;) the only kind I would ever turn down would be Turkish Delight (no offence to any fans of that haha).

I’ve just left school and am about to start college to study social science. I’m really into politics and I reckon that once I start this course, I’ll talk about politics even more than I already do ;) I also love psychology and how the mind works.

I’m not the most active on here all of the time, but I always come back here because I love supporting others and find this a really fantastic place! 

If you’re new, welcome!! I’ll see you around :) 
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Kathleen07Kathleen07 Posts: 1,938 Extreme Poster
    Hey, I'm Kathleen :) You can also call me Kate, Kath, or anything else you like. I was born in December and I'm 14.

I suppose I'm caring, empathetic, calm, open-minded, honest... People often say I'm intelligent. I don't really know myself or what I like anymore because I'm too depressed right now hahaha. But please feel free to ask any questions :)

I love music - a bit of everything really, but my favourite genre is rock. I'd like to be a musician in the future. Some of my absolute favourite bands are Linkin Park, My Chemical Romance, Bring Me The Horizon, Pierce The Veil, Red...

I probably won't be interacting on the boards anymore, but I'm always just a PM away <3