Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Good news i guess.

dancertoridancertori Posts: 127 The Mix Convert
My local mental health team is finally taking me back in, after countless referrals. I'm relieved but also kinda nervous. what do i need to make sure i tell them, or ask them. i'm kinda freaking over it.

Comments

• Past UserPast User Posts: 0 Just got here
    as in therapy? ^^
  • davcr0ckdavcr0ck Posts: 774 Part of The Mix Family
    Hey @dancertori

This is great news to here and it's understandable that your nervous and freaking out about this, 

if it was me, i would give them a run down of what things have been like since you last got referred to them, 

it might be a good idea to make yourself some brief notes on the subject just so you don't get lost in for words 

the young minds have this page on questions you might want to ask during your appointment 
    https://youngminds.org.uk/find-help/your-guide-to-support/questions-you-should-ask/

a while back i found a really good link to a page on how to prepare yourself for your first mental health team appointment but i can find it now, if i find it again, i pass it onto you 

sending love and hugs to you 🤗🤗🤗 <3<3<3

Love is love and everyone is accepting and can share their issues with no judge from me and I try to help 
  • Butterfly23Butterfly23 Posts: 810 Part of The Mix Family
    Hey Tori! 

That is is really good news that they have taken you back under there care, I hope you find some good support from that which you benefit from 💗

I can empathise with feeling nervous about it, I find writing a list do bullet points to use when I’m assessments etc helps and include things such as;

*Things that have happened in the past which have impacted your MH
    *How you are feeling and how that impacts your day to day life (social life, work/college etc)
    *Behaviours that you may struggle with and why
    *Your relationships with family/friends

And anything else you feel is important 💗

Keep us updated and I hope this helps a little bit,

Butterfly x 

• StephanieStephanie Moderator Posts: 1,083 Wise Owl
    Hey Tori, :heart:

Just want to echo what has already been said here. It's really positive that you are going to be getting some support for your mental health. 

Hope it helps you, do keep posting if you need to talk about anything, we are here for you :heart:
                                   "Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times if only one remembers to turn on the light" - Albus Dumbledore 

"Like when I was down you just had that smile that made me feel like everything's worthwhile. Thinking of the day when you went away, what a life to take, what a bond to break, I'll be missing you"

FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.