Home Anything Goes Positivity Corner
Fill out The Mix's Annual User Survey for a chance to win a £200 Amazon voucher, to shape our services, and get closer to earning a badge!
Need support urgently? Click here

Someone or something that inspires you?

ShaunieShaunie England 🏠Posts: 9,759 Supreme Poster
Thought it would be nice to have a thread for this and I'm totally interested in peoples answers. It could be anything from a person, some art work, music, film, place, event, etc...

(this is a part of my homework for my training loll & wondering others (not sure myself yet) & thought would make a nice thread too) 😊
if you have the strength to sustain anorexia you have the strength to overcome it

Comments

• Millie2787Millie2787 🐶 💜 Posts: 3,198 Boards Guru
    My Nan  inspires me . She was amazing and always had these we’re sayings and I’m starting to write them down becuase I’m slowly losing her memories but she was a amazing person who was always there for us to talk to about anything 
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • MikeMike Screen addict 🎮 LondonPosts: 2,661 Community Manager
    Was randomly watching an interview with Eddie Izzard the other day, and oh my goodness what an inspirational human being. They talked about how they'd ran over 80 marathons, toured the world, and now they're getting into politics, all while facing the usual social challenges of having a non-binary identity. Blew me away, honestly. I've always known of Eddie Izzard but never taken much (if any) time to really learn about them.
    All behaviour is a need trying to be met.

Riley
  • Kasa2103Kasa2103 This Is Me! ❤👅👌🤓💃🎤 South EastPosts: 3,701 Community Veteran
    1. My friends mum
    2. My friend (he is also autistic.)
    3. My orthodontist
    4. The ladies who did my x-rays and CT Scan today.
    5. The nurse I saw on Friday.
    6. My counsellor
    7. Mike, Aife, Ed and Italia.
    8. Everyone else on The Mix  (chat, boards, articles and helplines.
    9. My dance teacher
    10. My pe teacher 
    11. My cheerleading coach.
    12. The cheerleading squad.
    13. My sisters
    14. My cats
    15. My sisters boyfriend
    16. Childline 
    17. 7Cups
    Everyone is special in their own way. We make each other strong (we make each other strong.) We're not the same. We're different in a good way. Together's where we belong. We're all in this together. Once we know. That we are. We're all stars. And we see that. We're all in this together. And it shows. When we stand. Hand in hand. Make our dreams come true.
  • ShaunieShaunie England 🏠Posts: 9,759 Supreme Poster
    edited July 2019
    Amy Hart from Love Island
    - leaving somewhere to protect wellbeing and was brave & real
    if you have the strength to sustain anorexia you have the strength to overcome it