Jordan from Switchboard will be here Wednesday and Friday this week to answer your questions on anything to do with sexuality and relationships - leave your questions over on this thread
Head over to this thread to submit a song for our February 'Love' playlist that we'll be putting on Spotify!

Someone or something that inspires you?

ShaunieShaunie England 🏠Posts: 7,365 The Mix Elder
Thought it would be nice to have a thread for this and I'm totally interested in peoples answers. It could be anything from a person, some art work, music, film, place, event, etc...

(this is a part of my homework for my training loll & wondering others (not sure myself yet) & thought would make a nice thread too) 😊
“If we could look into each other’s hearts and understand the unique challenges each of us faces, I think we would treat each other much more gently, with more love, patience, tolerance, and care” Marvin J. Ashton

Comments

• Millie2787Millie2787 Carer/Craft Lover Posts: 2,483 Mega Poster
    My Nan  inspires me . She was amazing and always had these we’re sayings and I’m starting to write them down becuase I’m slowly losing her memories but she was a amazing person who was always there for us to talk to about anything 
    “ I believe that you have the power to achieve whatever you put your mind too, You are living a life’s most people won’t  ever understand but that’s what will Be the root of all your determination and success. You have a soul full of love and kindness and I just know that despite all the hardship, a life’s of happiness awaits you and I’m very proud of you, just keep holding on” 
  • MikeMike Hummus-Fuelled Whovian LondonPosts: 1,982 Staff Moderator
    Was randomly watching an interview with Eddie Izzard the other day, and oh my goodness what an inspirational human being. They talked about how they'd ran over 80 marathons, toured the world, and now they're getting into politics, all while facing the usual social challenges of having a non-binary identity. Blew me away, honestly. I've always known of Eddie Izzard but never taken much (if any) time to really learn about them.
    All behaviour is a need trying to be met.
    Riley
  • Kasa2103Kasa2103 Ugly Snake South EastPosts: 2,497 Mega Poster
    1. My friends mum
    2. My friend (he is also autistic.)
    3. My orthodontist
    4. The ladies who did my x-rays and CT Scan today.
    5. The nurse I saw on Friday.
    6. My counsellor
    7. Mike, Aife, Ed and Italia.
    8. Everyone else on The Mix  (chat, boards, articles and helplines.
    9. My dance teacher
    10. My pe teacher 
    11. My cheerleading coach.
    12. The cheerleading squad.
    13. My sisters
    14. My cats
    15. My sisters boyfriend
    16. Childline 
    17. 7Cups
    Even if you're little you can do a lot. You musn't let a little thing like little stop you. If you sit around and let them get on top you might as well be saying you think that it's okay, and that's not right. And if it's not right you have to put it right.
  • ShaunieShaunie England 🏠Posts: 7,365 The Mix Elder
    edited July 2019
    Amy Hart from Love Island
    - leaving somewhere to protect wellbeing and was brave & real
    “If we could look into each other’s hearts and understand the unique challenges each of us faces, I think we would treat each other much more gently, with more love, patience, tolerance, and care” Marvin J. Ashton