Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Time & Understanding

2»

Comments

• Options
    AbigailAbigail Posts: 818 Part of The Mix Family
    I have been fairly quiet recently but all for a good reason ... my cousin had her operation yesterday ... She made it through without any complications, she is awake and demanding food but she sadly can't eat till this afternoon - do feel for her. I haven't been able to see her recently as I have been fairly busy ... tomorrow if all goes to plan I should be going up to see her.

Still got a lot a long way ahead of us but we will fight through like we always do with are heads held high. And along with that comes the head held high and on count down for my 18th which is has now got birthday plans for ... dairy free cake (yes I'm grown up i'm having a Frieda the caterpillar cake) and a Chinese buffet so got a very happy me. 
    Some people think I am unhappy. I'm not. I just approach silence in the world that never stops talking.
  • Options
    davcr0ckdavcr0ck Posts: 774 Part of The Mix Family
    Hey @Abigail

Sending love and hugs to you and your cousin 
    And happy birthday for when it's your 18th and hope you enjoy your freida and the Chinese food 

davcr0ck 
    Love is love and everyone is accepting and can share their issues with no judge from me and I try to help 
  • Options
    CarolineVCarolineV Posts: 133 The Mix Convert
    I'm so glad to hear your cousin's operation went without complications @Abigail, I hope that she recovers well and you can visit her this afternoon!

Your birthday plans sounds amazing, I'm jealous. Although I've never heard of Frieda the caterpillar, is that the dairy free version of Colin?!
  • Options
    Butterfly23Butterfly23 Posts: 810 Part of The Mix Family
    Glad to hear the operation went well @Abigail

Do keep us updated 💗

Butterfly x
  • Options
    AbigailAbigail Posts: 818 Part of The Mix Family
    Your birthday plans sounds amazing, I'm jealous. Although I've never heard of Frieda the caterpillar, is that the dairy free version of Colin?!
    @CarolineV Its the dairy and gluten free version of Colin. Tesco's do a version called Carl which is dairy, wheat and gluten free - Carl looks better in all fairness. 

Thank you for all your kind thoughts, my cousin is doing really well still got about 2 weeks in hospital with her until they can think about discharge/transfer. 

Some people think I am unhappy. I'm not. I just approach silence in the world that never stops talking.
  • Options
    alice123alice123 Posts: 88 Budding Regular
    Hi @Abigail

I'm glad to hear that you cousin is doing well - she sounds so strong. As do you!

I just wanted to send my thoughts your way and wish you a happy upcoming 18th birthday! I bet your cake will be amazing  =)<3