Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Weekly challenge #101

AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,031 Boards Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Dont be afraid of being a beginner

Hey everyone,

This week your challenge is to learn something new! It can be anything you like no matter how small or big. I've listed a few ideas below:

• Start learning a new language (Duolingo is a great app to download)
  • Watch an educational video on YouTube (Ted talks are great for this!)
  • Learn a new skill 
  • Watch a documentary on something that interests you 
  • Listen to a new podcast ('Stuff you should know' is a good podcast to try or you can search on YouTube for something you're interested in and find a podcast on that)

Comment below what you've done this week and what you've learned. 

Don't to forget to vote on next week's challenge ideas. If you have any ideas for the next weekly challenge, head over to this thread to share them. 

- Aife
Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤

Weekly challenge #101 5 votes

Gratitude challenge
20% 1 vote
Self-care challenge
80% 4 votes
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,794 Master Poster
    This is what I have already done this week:

Find a new favorite chocolate
    Meet the new girls moving to my school in September (totally have to recommend The Mix  ;) )
    Find out new things about the older girls
    Find out I am getting a new form tutor :(
    Learn some new exercises
    Find a new bully (they are year 10 but I call them new as they have only recently started the bullying)
    Find a new thing to laugh about
    Used Memrise and Duolingo
    Found a new favourite song
    Found a new favourite hobby
    Watch a new version of baby shark  :bleep_bloop:
    Watch a new film
    Listen to a new playlist 

"There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • Options
    LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru
    A perfect time for me to continue learning Finnish,  I took a break because I thought a language might be too hard for me but I'm motivated!

I've also learned Iceland deliver so saved me a bus to town while the future in laws are on holiday 😂

I'll keep you updated on anything new 😂 X

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
    It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld