Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Lowering body temperature

davcr0ckdavcr0ck Posts: 774 Part of The Mix Family
Hey all, 

Been out for an walk this morning and I got back home hot and sweety as you do in this heat and I feel like an body temperature of 40C isn't good at all, 

Any tips on lowering it down to whatever the normal is
Love is love and everyone is accepting and can share their issues with no judge from me and I try to help 

Comments

• Options
    Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,147 Part of The Furniture
    Hey ,

Im like you get really hot really easily , it stresses me out quite a lot. A few friends have suggested getting a spray bottle and filling it with cold water and spraying it on your face , just like a gentle mist, Holding some ice cubes or biting/sucking on them, wrapping up frozen food and holding it normally on the forehead and I think having a cool shower normally works well if your looking at cooling down your whole body rather than a certain area. 

A good old tip for the house is to keep Blinds shit but have windowing and doors open as this stops the sun Heating up the room but also allows the air to circulate through the house :) 

Hopes this Helps 

Aimee :) 
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • Options
    Thanks @Millie2787 for the advice, I've already defrosted tonight dinner by just resting it on me😂😂

Now I just need to lose the headache/migraine and I didn't find thoughs head things you sent me 
    Love is love and everyone is accepting and can share their issues with no judge from me and I try to help 
  • Options
    @davcr0ck

Haha Well There we go killed 2 birds with one stone .

Oh no ! How strange, here’s some link to them on Boots - maybe you could try ordering them online ? https://www.boots.com/kool-n-soothe-migraine-4-pack-10029380
    Or possibly going into store and asking if they Do them or if they have any alternatives for migraines, sounds strange try placing something cold on the back of your neck , that use to sometimes work for me 

Aimee :) 
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • Options
    JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,312 Part of The Furniture
    Water conducts heat away from your body 25 times faster than air, so definitely douse yourself with water or go swimming or take a showers when you can. Also agree on keeping blinds and curtains shut but windows open - works really well.

I can also really relate to the migraine/headache issue. Hot weather tends to wipe me out for that reason. Would recommend keeping sunglasses on if you're not already, and making sure you stay in the shade. Also, when you're thirsty you're dehydrated, so make sure you're getting loads of water. I like to have a big jug around to make sure I'm never without. :)
    All behaviour is a need trying to be met.
  • Options
    I raver not go swimming, I don't like my chest (surgery scar) I've set up the windows like both you said, I'm currently at home in my room, I've darkens it out as much as I can, 
  • Options
    That’s good @davcr0ck also staying in the dark can help to reduce the migraine - Also try a cold flannel on your head if it’s still hurting :) 
  • Options
    @Millie2787 I decided that would be an good idea after I just went outside to let the dog go for wee and I lost all control and fell to the floor, it wasn't much of an height I falled from about half an meter,

I keep having muscle spasms in my arms and I nearly chocked myself when drinking so water and it all came out of my noise, so I might give my parents an call or 101 if my parents don't pick up 
  • Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,500 Skive's The Limit
    Put ice cubes/cold stuff on all pulse points. 
    Have cold shower then dont dry your hair. 
    Keep your feet cold

Try this

“And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    Shaunie said:
    Put ice cubes/cold stuff on all pulse points. 
    Have cold shower then dont dry your hair. 
    Keep your feet cold

Try this

Last Saturday I managed to defrost Sundays dinner but just resting it on my body 😂😂

I remember thoughs tips for next time