Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

About life

ellie2000ellie2000 Posts: 3,968 Community Veteran
Is life about talking to people. 
Crazy mad insane

Comments

• Options
    coc0maccoc0mac Posts: 1,054 Wise Owl
    Hi @ellie2000 :smile:

Life can be about lots of things - there is no wrong or right answer :smile: Talking to people is a really great way to support ourselves when we are feeling down. And we all deserve to feel supported, so it is an important part of life. But it doesn't have to be everything. 

Is there anything on your mind that is making you think this? :heart:
  • Options
    I don't know Who is errrmm...gd or not. Adults r gd. Ppl my age are bullies. Is it their parents who r to blame. 
    Crazy mad insane
  • Options
    alice123alice123 Posts: 88 Budding Regular
    edited July 2019
    Hi @ellie2000

It's tricky to know who is good or who is bad isn't it? 

Often things are not as black and white as this, many people are both good and bad. What has caused you to think about this? 

There are often many reasons why people bully, their parents could be one of those reasons or they may not have had any impact in this behaviour.

If you have found people your age to be bullies, perhaps having a little read of this article about bullying might help you explore your feelings towards it more?
    https://www.themix.org.uk/sex-and-relationships/friendship/expert-chat-bullying-15348.html

Sending hugs <3
  • Options
    I hung out with ppl tht were not gd. I don't hav freinds no more, I just talk to ppl. Birthday today n I'm sad
    Crazy mad insane
  • Options
    I lashed out today
    Crazy mad insane
  • Options
    I normally hold it in 
    Crazy mad insane
  • Options
    mags98mags98 Posts: 287 The Mix Regular
    @ellie2000

Happy Birthday! 

Lashing out completely normal especially if you hold it in. It's like the water bottle analogy (https://www.augustman.com/sg/wellness/fitness/long-reads-mental-health-water-bottle-analogy/ long read but essentially is this quote) “Imagine your mental health as a bottle. The stressors of everyday life is water that you pour in – work issues, family, girlfriend, finances, and what have you. Now, imagine that you have little holes at the bottom of the bottle. These are de-stressors – a good support network of friends, family, or maybe you do sports, or just that you compartmentalise well. All of this stops the bottle from running over. Now, imagine someone else whose bottle is smaller, might have had trauma growing up, may not have friends or family to talk to. There aren’t holes at the bottom or the holes are too small. That bottle is going to overflow”. 

But life doesn't have to be about talking to people. It can be a part of it but there is so much more than that. It can be hard to have friends especially at a young age, I've always struggled making friends and it really took a toll on me, but whenever I start feeling sad about it, I'd think "I am still young. I have my whole life ahead of me. I will have friends. I will be happy" which helps.

• Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,497 Skive's The Limit
    Life is about many things. Guess would be pretty lonely if never talked to anyone. 

Its okay if you lashed out. Maybe you could find ways to express your feelings so you dont have to hold it in or let it build up until you lash out?

i can hear the affect of bullying has had on you. I think that can make us feel threatened by certain people but not everyone is bad. Lots of many kind people out there so hope can meet them cause deserve to be treated with kindness too

happy birthday for yesterday. Hope you enjoyed it! 
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley