Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

if someone bullying u

ellie2000ellie2000 Posts: 3,963 Community Veteran
if ur been bullied by someone. is it right to make a youtube video on them? ur opinions plz. with screenshots n stuff
Crazy mad insane

Comments

• Options
    StephanieStephanie Moderator Posts: 1,084 Wise Owl
    Hey Ellie,

Just wondering what your reasons are for wanting to make a video? Also is there anyone in your life or at school who you could talk too about this, it's positive that you have opened up on here, we are here for you. 

Where is the bullying happening? If you want to share that, totally your call. 

The Mix have a super cool article all about bullying, here it is https://www.themix.org.uk/sex-and-relationships/friendship/beat-bullying-6285.html < Could be worth a read if you get a chance

Remember your not alone, we are here for you :heart:
                                   "Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times if only one remembers to turn on the light" - Albus Dumbledore 

"Like when I was down you just had that smile that made me feel like everything's worthwhile. Thinking of the day when you went away, what a life to take, what a bond to break, I'll be missing you"

FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    Kathleen07Kathleen07 Posts: 1,938 Extreme Poster
    Hey Ellie <3

Personally, I wouldn't really say it's right. I think that would be a bit mean and disrespectful, and I believe in love and that everyone has rights and feelings, rather than revenge or anything.

But on the other hand, I definitely see how tempting it may be... And bullying is not okay, and I don't think their actions should go unnoticed. Bullying takes place in quite a lot of forms, so my approach would vary a little depending on the situation.

I'm really sorry you're being bullied, that must be horrid <3 Would you like to share more about this (e.g., who's doing it and what they're doing)?

Sending hugs if you need them <3
  • Options
    davcr0ckdavcr0ck Posts: 774 Part of The Mix Family
    Hey Ellie 

The way I look at it is if you do this video, you bringing yourself down to the bullying level that the person is doing to you, 

Yes I know bullying isn't nice, it happened to me many times, I've been bullyed because of my sexuality, personality even just being myself, my most recent attack being someone putting an substance in my drunk which left me in an aroused state and something happening down their, (the best way to describe it without getting banned) 

I think you need to be the better person and just ignore it and move on, I've moved on from theirs terribly people and you should too. 

Love ya 
    davcr0ck 

Love is love and everyone is accepting and can share their issues with no judge from me and I try to help 
  • Options
    LubnaLubna Deactivated Posts: 496 Listening Ear
    No, it's not right at all to make a video. Someone made a video of me at school being bullied. It is not nice at all. 
  • Options
    SophiASophiA Posts: 59 Boards Initiate
    Hi Ellie 

i would have to agree with the others on this one, making a video on this is unlikely to help the situation as a whole and in my experience has lead to even more bullying. I think if you put a video up for everyone to watch it’s just encouraging more people to have an opinion/ judgment on you/ situation which you may not agree with and may cause even more upset. 

Having said this, obviously being bullied is awful and something no one should have to face so I would encourage talking to someone about it, is there anyone you know you could talk? 

Alternatively, if you believe that making a video would help you in processing what has happened/ happening by just talking about it then i would suggest making the video but not publishing on any form of media, having it for yourself or even just deleting it after, could help. It would almost be like a diary entry, i find that writing stuff out, like how i feel often helps me process and makes me feel better about a situation that may have annoyed or upset me. Or if you struggle talking about how you feel face to face you could make the video and just show who you want to see it such as a close friend or parent etc, becasue opening up can be difficult. 

Big love x
  • Options
    ellie2000ellie2000 Posts: 3,963 Community Veteran
    I don't normally get angry bout ppl. its come to the point where I've had enough n they need to know it feels
    Crazy mad insane
  • Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,497 Skive's The Limit
    You do what ever you think is right. Think about pros and cons of it and what you think you want to do. 

I personally do have my own opinion on that but yeah ive been trained to not give my opinion too much on peoples chioces and let them learn and so whatever you do im sure you will learn and make that chioce your self 
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley