Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Chat Tonight (08/05/2019)

DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,722 Master Poster
Hi everyone.

Unfortunately Chatwee decided to be cheeky and stop working so there is no group chat. Instead this thread will be used as a replacement. Feel free to rant, chat generally and support each other.  Just keep it all within the guidelines. 

So what has everyone been up to today? Any good news to share? Hugs for everyone.

Enjoy the thread.
Kasa
"There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
"The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
"I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 

Comments

• DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,722 Master Poster
    I understand if the forums are getting quiet due to the time and the fact that normal chat is not on. Hopefully one or two people will join me on here as it is starting to get a bit lonely. Sorry if it seems like I am moaning. 
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
  • SienaSiena Posts: 15,454 Skive's The Limit
    Hey Kasa,

done anything interesting today?

i had my training corse and told my story of mental health for 10 mins as part of my training. (Training to be peer support worker) So im pretty glad i got that over and done with and pretty pleased with how it went too
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
    Shaunie said:
    Hey Kasa,

done anything interesting today?

i had my training corse and told my story of mental health for 10 mins as part of my training. (Training to be peer support worker) So im pretty glad i got that over and done with and pretty pleased with how it went too
    I am so proud of you for speaking about your story. I guess that was very scary for you. Today I had to go to the orthodontist. I had to guide my sister from the station, to hospital, to the unit I needed to go to, to x-ray, back to the unit, back to the exit and back to the station. At least I found out that I only need to wear my retainer at night. I had to have 2 x-rays and a CT scan today. Luckily I was able to hang out at the hospital for long enough because I got seen for my appointment at 10:20am instead of 11am. I managed to get back to school after the appointment which is a relief because I had a good afternoon at school. In cheerleading I felt so stupid though because the person who was in the afternoon fell down and hit their back. It was all my fault but we all make mistakes. Also the person fell from a prep, onto the floor and then hit their head. Luckily they were ok. Phew. 
  • kiro2kiro2 Posts: 1 Just got here
    hey everyone!  newbie here, tough day today had a few appointments but managed to make it into work and agreed to try a phased return at 5 hours a week for a month. Really nervous about starting back as I’ve been off over a year now though. 
    kiro2 said:
    hey everyone!  newbie here, tough day today had a few appointments but managed to make it into work and agreed to try a phased return at 5 hours a week for a month. Really nervous about starting back as I’ve been off over a year now though. 
    Welcome! You are more than welcome on here. It is great to have new people join as well as have our regulars. I understand that you would be nervous about going back to work but it is a good idea that you have a phased return instead of a complete return instantly. I am proud of you for going back at all.