Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Weekly challenge #93

AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,031 Boards Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat

Hey everyone,

This week's challenge is a bit of a different one. It's important to take care of our environment and this week, we're going to be doing a recycling challenge. I've come up with a few challenges for you to try this week. Try and do as many of these as you can and if there's anything else you've done to look after the environment, post it below to let us know!

• Start or increase your recycling 
  • Avoid as much plastic packaging as you can
  • Use a reusable shopping bag instead of a plastic one
  • Pick up someone else's rubbish 
  • Use a reusable bottle to drink water or get your morning coffee

Comment below and post photos of what you've done this week to look after our environment. 

If you have any ideas for the next weekly challenge, head over to this thread to share them. Remember to vote on next week's challenge ideas. 

Have fun!

Aife
Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤

Weekly challenge #93 2 votes

Challenge the community challenge
100% 2 votes
Express your opinion challenge
0% 0 votes
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    JellyelephantJellyelephant Posts: 1,874 Extreme Poster
    I have used a re-useable bottle for my drink today :) I have a big bottle and I fill it up and take it out with me 
    The sun will rise and we will try again 
  • Options
    BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    Something people where I live do is every spring groups/schools/work places have an annual tidy up of the beaches/roadside before the tourists come up and just to keep the area rubbish free (there is a word for it but if I say that you know where I live lol) and it happens to be this week :)  so I will be doing that with work...
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
  • Options
    AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,031 Boards Guru
    I have used a re-useable bottle for my drink today :) I have a big bottle and I fill it up and take it out with me 

This is great @Jellyelephant! I have one too that I always use. It keeps my water so cold! 

Something people where I live do is every spring groups/schools/work places have an annual tidy up of the beaches/roadside before the tourists come up and just to keep the area rubbish free (there is a word for it but if I say that you know where I live lol) and it happens to be this week :)  so I will be doing that with work...
    It's really nice you're helping out with this Bubbles! It's so great this happens once a year to get everyone helping to keep the beaches rubbish free :) 
    Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
  • Options
    Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,146 Part of The Furniture
    Me mum and dad all have travel mugs so whenever mum and dad get a Costa on the way to work from a Petrol station there use there travel mug and I’ll take mine into college and if I want a hot chocolate ill get it in there.

Something I’ve noticed it Waitrose by my college ( not sure if it’s the same everywhere ) have done it where you have to buy a travel mug if you want your free tea or coffee ( if your a My Waitrose member ) you can’t get the single use cups anymore.
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.