Home› Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Feeling low and confused... Advice please 🤦‍♀️

I’m worried and confused. I’ve never had to look for help before really. I’ve been in control of my life for so long and the past 9 months has been a struggle. I’d been really unhappy so made decisions to try and be better so I stopped feeling suicidal but those decisions were wrong and I messed up.
I then have felt great for a few weeks but was a-bit over the top and don’t really remember what I did because it ended in the biggest low of my life, I was horrible to someone and then I turned to suicide I drove round in my car for 2 hours crying and thinking about the best way to do it. I didn’t thank god, I still feel rubbish and I told my mum and my friend about what’s happened. I feel weird and dazed and my anxiety’s got bad. I’ve never experienced anything as bad as this before and I wondered if anyone knew what the best thing to do is so this doesn’t keep on happening? Or if anyone else has experienced this?

Comments

• Options
    Kathleen07Kathleen07 Posts: 1,938 Extreme Poster
    Hey @lydmayo, and welcome to the boards :3

Really sorry to hear about this <3 It sounds like you've been going through a confusing and very hard time.

How would you feel about seeing a doctor (no pressure)?

Out of interest (and if don't mind me asking), how did your mum and friend react? Are they very supportive?

Sending huge hugs if you need them, we're here for you anytime or if you want to talk about your feelings some more <3
  • Options
    davcr0ckdavcr0ck Posts: 774 Part of The Mix Family
    Hey @lydmayo

Welcome to the forum, sending hugs and hope you feel better soon,

I know how your feeling, I've been sucidal over the pass few weeks myself, my boyfriend recommended me (last night I was quite down and sad) to listern to this podcasts called "welcome to night Vale" which I found very humorse (and I'm not an funny guy) it is quite mature contents as their do use an lot of rude words, give it an try? Your might like it. 

If you feel down, go and make yourself an hot drink (for me it an hot chocolate) and some biscuits/chocolate and wrap yourself up in the coveres and watch something funny (for me it an youtuber called cray)

Hope you feel better today and sending hugs
    Stay strong 
    Love is love and everyone is accepting and can share their issues with no judge from me and I try to help 
  • Options
    lydmayolydmayo Posts: 4 Newbie
    Hey @davcr0ck and @kathleen0172

Thank you for being so supportive. It means a lot  <3

I think I should go to the doctors @kathleen0172 and I've thought it for sometime now. Im struggling to take that first step because I feel they will judge me. I did call them but they don't have an appointment available unless its an emergency, I spoke to a lady there and she asked me to call tomorrow morning. It is a lot of pressure explaining how you feel in person to someone and I guess thats why I'm putting it off a bit.

My mums suffered with depression all of her life and understands mental health having experienced it first hand herself, I think I didn't want to let her down and thats why I kept it to me self for a while, I didn't tell her everything but I told my friend everything and they just want me to find a way to feel better, my friend knew there was something wrong for a long time but not to this extent.

I'll take a look at 'welcome to night vale' and see what I think @davcr0ck

Thank you both again talking about it does make a difference xxx
  • Options
    Kathleen07Kathleen07 Posts: 1,938 Extreme Poster
    Aww bud, I get that <3 I haven't gone to the doctors' yet either, in part because of that exact concern.

I don't know if this helps to hear - but remember that doctors have a fair amount of experience with this stuff and should know to treat it well. And you're just one of the many patients they see. Have you met any GPs who you think you'd be a bit more comfortable with?

And how would you feel about writing it down and showing it to them? Some people find that can help when they feel scared or under pressure <3

It's positive to hear that you called them - if you do call again tomorrow morning, let us know how it goes, if you like.