Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Slowly loosing myself

MolliemooMolliemoo Posts: 1 Just got here
edited April 2019 in Health & Wellbeing
Hi my name is Mollie and i need some advice. 
I've been in a relationship for 8 months and we have recently moved into together, but he comes with baggage, in terms of we have his brother living with us in our one bedroom flat. I do not like his brother one bit, and i doubt my opinion is going to change. My depression is not helped by this either.

Over the weekend, i seem to have peaked in hatered, i will spend all day in the bedroom not moving, Today was the peak of it all. After a row with my boyfriend i simply locked myself in the bathroom and self-harmed.

I suppose im scared that im going to do it again, while i was doing it i felt no pain, just release. Before today(21/04/19) i was 5 years clean! 

Help! :'( 

[edited by moderator]
Post edited by TheMix on
Tagged:

Comments

• Kathleen07Kathleen07 Posts: 1,938 Extreme Poster
    Hey Mollie, and welcome <3

I'm really sorry to hear this. It's fab that you've joined, and I hope we can help in some way.

It sounds like his brother living with you both is affecting you quite a lot? I'd feel pretty crap in that situation. Have you tried telling your boyfriend how you feel about it?

I have to say, well done for being clean for so long:) I know you have the strength in you to not do it again. I can hear that you must be feeling bad to have harmed again:( Do you know of any techniques/alternatives that have helped you with self-harm before?

We're always here to support you, with your depression, this, or anything <3
  • AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,026 Boards Guru
    edited April 2019
    Hey @Molliemoo

You've taken a really positive step to reach out here for support. I've just edited your post slightly to keep things safe and inline with our guidelines (you can read about them here) but you've come to the right place and like Kathleen said, we're all here to support you through this. 

If you are looking for more support in those moments, there's some really great support out there that can help. Our Crisis Messenger are contactable 24/7 and you can text THEMIX to 85258 anytime you need support. Samaritans are also available 24/7 to talk about anything that you are worried about in confidence. You can call them on 116 123. I also just wanted to say, if you're worried about anything at all from self-harming today, call 999 or head to a&e. I hope you're okay :) 

It sounds like this weekend has been particularly difficult for you. We're all here to listen if you want to share a bit more about what's been happening. Remember you're not alone, we're all here for you. <3

Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤