Young Carers of The Mix, we need you! Tell us about your experiences of our services and give yourself a chance to win £50 of Amazon vouchers.
Want to tell us about your experiences using The Mix and be in with a chance of winning a £200 Amazon Voucher? Click here to go to our survey!

Hundred ways to cope (or more)

ShaunieShaunie England 🏠Posts: 5,729 The Mix Elder
edited January 16 in Positivity Corner
Loads of ways to try to cope in the moment so thought this could be helpful to read. Dont think matters if repeat stuff or anything  
Any coping skills/ or ways to take a break 
I've learnt two people can look at the exact same thing and see something completly different. 
Tagged:
Kathleen07

Comments

• ShaunieShaunie England 🏠Posts: 5,729 The Mix Elder
    Binge watch Netflix 
    I've learnt two people can look at the exact same thing and see something completly different. 
  • Millie2787Millie2787 Posts: 2,086 Mega Poster
    Adult colouring books 
    You have a purpose.
  • LaineLaine Llama Mama Posts: 1,333 Fanatical Poster
    Put on some music ❤

🌈Positive thoughts🌈 

"Maybe it's not my weekend,  but it's gonna be my year" ~ All Time Low

"No one else is dealing with your demons, meaning maybe defeating them could be the beginning of your meaning friend" ~ TOP

"What's gonna be left of the world if you're not in it?" ~ Bastille
  • BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Sunny ScotlandPosts: 2,433 Mega Poster
    writing out thoughts
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
  • JellyelephantJellyelephant Noob Posts: 636 Extreme Poster
    my therapist told me this week to try a thing called the three page blurt.... and you literally just write every thought in your brain for three pages then you stop. 
  • JellyelephantJellyelephant Noob Posts: 636 Extreme Poster
    bubble bath, speak to a friend, read a book/magazine, do some arts/crafts/penpalling/scrapbooking, turn ur big light off and turn on sensory lights/light candles and just lie in bed. 
  • SkyeIsNotTheLimitSkyeIsNotTheLimit EarthPosts: 86 Miniposter
    Knitting and painting. Good food  <3 <3
    I told her once I wasn’t good at anything. She told me survival is a talent
    Resting and sleeping
  • MikeMike Posts: 1,636 Staff Moderator
    Finding an immersive video game and getting lost in it.
    this too shall pass

---
    on holiday until the end of September
  • Millie2787Millie2787 Posts: 2,086 Mega Poster
    Getting lost in a book ! To the point off when you look up you have a headache from looking down ! 
    You have a purpose.
  • Kathleen07Kathleen07 Future musician Posts: 1,525 Postholic
    Cuddle pets (if you have them), amuse yourself with funny things, take a walk :) 
    When life leaves us blind, love keeps us kind - Linkin Park

Sing it for the boys, sing it for the girls, everytime that you lose it sing it for the world - MCR
    Shaunie
    Mindfulness
  • ellie2000ellie2000 Posts: 348 Rampant Poster
    Playin open world games