Home Gender & Sexuality
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Pride Festival/parade

davcr0ckdavcr0ck Posts: 774 Part of The Mix Family
Hey all, ever since I came out gay in August 2018, my mum mentioned to me yesterday about an going to an pride festival/parade this year. 

I wanted to know if anyone has been to an pride festival/parade and

what it is like
What do people do
Is it lots of people in one place
Did it cost anything
What pride Festival/parade did you go to. 

Thanks in an million in advance for responding

Love is love and everyone is accepting and can share their issues with no judge from me and I try to help 

Comments

• BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    Interested in this cause this year will be my first year going aswell, im going with my friends who went last year so asked them these questions ( hope that's alright) 

Whats it like?
    its amazing, that's all I can say, you can literally feel the love in the air, its like you've found your people and you never want it to end, you feel welcomed and accepted by complete strangers

What do people do? 
    Well we just chilled, listened to the music and drank, you don't have to drink though as that's not what the day is about at all, it's about accepting who you were born to be.

Lots of people?
    Yes, big yes, but it's not the anxiety type of crowd, everyone is just there to have a good time, I was anxious at first but soon loosened up and was proud of who I was

Did it cost anything?
    To get into the pride village was free, but you did need tickets, other than that the only money we spent was on stalls and food/drink.

They went to the one in Aberdeen, that's where i'll be going this year too :) can't wait! lol

Hope this helped a bit <3
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
  • davcr0ckdavcr0ck Posts: 774 Part of The Mix Family
    Hey @BubblesGoesBoo love you name btw, I'm planning on going to Oxford with friends and then go to Manchester or London with mum, I personally don't drink, (medically reason and I'm 17) I won't go Aberdeen, it an quite far considering I live in Oxfordshire. 
    Thanks for your insight in it, 🏳️‍🌈
    Love is love and everyone is accepting and can share their issues with no judge from me and I try to help 
  • JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,287 Part of The Furniture
    davcr0ck said:
    Hey @BubblesGoesBoo love you name btw, I'm planning on going to Oxford with friends and then go to Manchester or London with mum, I personally don't drink, (medically reason and I'm 17) I won't go Aberdeen, it an quite far considering I live in Oxfordshire. 
    Thanks for your insight in it, 🏳️‍🌈
    Feel free to let us know how your experience goes @davcr0ck. :) I've never been but have considered going a few times - looks like it would be a blast. Super helpful by the way, @BubblesGoesBoo!
    All behaviour is a need trying to be met.
  • Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,143 Part of The Furniture
    I went to one a few years back - It was only a small one down by the river as it had just started back up so it had different stands and there was a stage that had different drag queens on throughout the day. But i really enjoyed it. I don't think The one i went to cost anything. There wasn't too many people when i went but then again i think that was because it was only small and it was its first year back after like 10 years of not doing it.

My sister always goes on about how she wants to take me to the one in Birmingham or the London one but im like ummm Nahh im good that's a fair more people than the one im use to .

Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • davcr0ckdavcr0ck Posts: 774 Part of The Mix Family
    Hey all, so me and my boyfriend are going to Oxford pride this year on the 1st June with an group of are friends 

I make sure to let you know how it goes.

Love ya all 
    davcr0ck