Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Is it ok to masturbate with a finger up my butt

Hi my name's Jack and I'm 13.

I'm pretty new to masturbation as are all of my friends and we've all started to talk about different techniques we've tried. I have tried putting a finger up my bum whilst masturbating and I enjoyed it so I've done it a few times. When I mentioned this to my friends I was laughed and told that this was gay and asked if I'd got poo on my hands. 

This really scared me so I want to know who else had tried and what other people's opinions on it are. 
Tagged:

Comments

• Kathleen07Kathleen07 Posts: 1,938 Extreme Poster
    Heyy Jack, welcome to the mix, I'm Kathleen, 14 :) 

I think it's perfectly okay to do this. It's your body - and it doesn't make you weird or disgusting or anything else you may be worrying about. I think this is something quite a few people do. My only advice is to maybe use some lube lol. Keep doing this if you like it, it's normal and healthy.

Best wishes <3 
  • LabraBellLabraBell Posts: 203 Trailblazer
    It's not gay to do that, nor is it wrong at all. No body should judge you for doing it, nor for enjoying it.

And - did you know? The male G-spot is located inside the anus. So the reason that it feels good is the same reason as a woman would feel good putting a finger up her own vagina. 

You aren't gay unless you say you are, and it's not a disgusting habit unless you yourself feel disgusted by it. You have the freedom to do what you like to yourself. Within reason of course.

Just remember to lock the door to prevent any incidents :3
    What do you mean I have to think of an intelligent signature?
  • SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    edited February 2019
    I think many people probably do it, but not openly discussed.  though its not something ive tried or will but i am female so maybe different. But all different anyway and think lot of people have sexual desires that they feel should be shameful, i do anyway but its whatever people like as long as it dont harm others then its okay
    Post edited by Siena on
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • RhysRhys Posts: 288 The Mix Regular
    edited February 2019
    Hey Jack, just to reiterate what others has said, with a quote from an article on another subject matter. Its perfectly fine what you're doing and experimenting to find what you do or do not enjoy with your own body. Everyone's body is different, and everyone enjoys different things.

Wanting anal stimulation doesn’t mean you’re gay – men have a prostate gland in their anus, also known as the male G-spot, so it’s not surprising that many find it enjoyable when it’s stimulated

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.”― Bernard M. Baruch
  • char_smithchar_smith Posts: 2 Newbie
    I personally don’t think it matters what way you chose to masturbate considering the point of it is personal pleasure. Do what you gotta do 😉
  • JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,288 Part of The Furniture
    Hey - it's your body and what you do in private with it is entirely up to you. Nobody to judge you and you get to find out what turns you on. Just a quick tip - get some lube and don't rely on spit! If you are going to do it remember to make it wet, use clean hands, and NEVER put anything up there without a flared base. Other than that - go for it and enjoy yourself :-)
    Hey, I'm Lulu- also 13. Totally normal and How you masturbate is entirely up to you, no one else(aside from your doctor) should get to have a say in it. Also speaking from personal experience, if someone is making fun of you for doing something(especially sex-related) it's probably because they're ashamed that they do it too. Do what makes you feel comfortable, regardless of what your friends say. 

This thread has been inactive for about 5 months, so I removed your posts and sank it (meaning it doesn't get bumped by new posts). It's generally best not to post on discussions that have been inactive for over about a month, just to make sure we don't drag up old issues for people or bring an irrelevant discussion back to the top.

Check out the guidelines for more info on this kinda thing. Thanks for your messages though - they're very supportive and I quoted them here so they don't get lost. :)
    All behaviour is a need trying to be met.