Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Irregular Periods

SkyeIsNotTheLimitSkyeIsNotTheLimit Posts: 86 Budding Regular
Hey

I don't know where this would be a good place to post about this but I'm anxious. I had a pelvic and transvaginal scan today. The pelvic one went fine, they didn't spot any abnormalities. But they were unable to do the transvaginal one because they couldn't get it in me without causing unbearable pain. 

Obvs no one is a Dr here or can't give me medical advice, but has anyone got any tips to manage my anxieties. I'm going down medical googling rabbit holes right now and need calming 
I told her once I wasn’t good at anything. She told me survival is a talent

Comments

• Kathleen07Kathleen07 Posts: 1,938 Extreme Poster
    Heya Skye (this is just the right place to post this btw) :)

I'm sorry you're anxious. I highly doubt anything really bad is going on (I know that doesn't help though) <3 Could anything help you feel a tiny bit better, like listening to music or exercising for example? Maybe there's something you find really funny that could help distract you? Perhaps breathing exercises? x
  • ArianaAriana Posts: 193 Trailblazer
    Hey, sorry you're having trouble. I've definitely been there with the medical googling and getting myself all in a state. I think if they didn't find any abnormalities in the pelvic scan then it's very unlikely that there's anything amiss. The technology is so good these days that there's really very little advantage with the transvaginal over the pelvic one (at least that's what they told me because I could only have the pelvic one too). They're also not supposed to do them on virgins so potentially that might be why they were unable to do it without extreme pain (you don't have to tell me whether that's the case or not btw!)

Did they have any theories about what might be wrong since they didn't find anything? 
    I hope you can go easy on yourself tonight, it sounds like a really stressful experience, so take it easy if you can and be kind to yourself.
  • SkyeIsNotTheLimitSkyeIsNotTheLimit Posts: 86 Budding Regular

I'm sorry you're anxious. I highly doubt anything really bad is going on (I know that doesn't help though) <3 Could anything help you feel a tiny bit better, like listening to music or exercising for example? Maybe there's something you find really funny that could help distract you? Perhaps breathing exercises? x
    Thanks Kathleen <3 I'm still feeling that sickly anxious feeling so the breathing will surely help. I might watch a funny film tonight and make a hot chocolate. 
    Ariana said:
    Hey, sorry you're having trouble. I've definitely been there with the medical googling and getting myself all in a state. I think if they didn't find any abnormalities in the pelvic scan then it's very unlikely that there's anything amiss. The technology is so good these days that there's really very little advantage with the transvaginal over the pelvic one (at least that's what they told me because I could only have the pelvic one too). They're also not supposed to do them on virgins so potentially that might be why they were unable to do it without extreme pain (you don't have to tell me whether that's the case or not btw!)

Did they have any theories about what might be wrong since they didn't find anything? 
    I hope you can go easy on yourself tonight, it sounds like a really stressful experience, so take it easy if you can and be kind to yourself.
    Thanks Ariana, I'm so happy to hear that I'm not the only one who has been through this. I felt so embarrassed because it just hurt so much and it brought back awful feelings. I wish I told them I wasn't sexually active so I didn't have to go through it. I was referred to check for PCOS so at least we can rule that out. My irregular periods might just be my body being a body.

I am going to have a chill night. I'll enjoy a good film and hot chocolate. Just feeling a bit meh atm

Thanks Kathleen <3 I'm still feeling that sickly anxious feeling so the breathing will surely help. I might watch a funny film tonight and make a hot chocolate. 
    That sounds like a good idea <3 Anxiousness sucks doesn't it?
    edited January 2019
    Yeh mine was to check for PCOS too, only with me they found cysts, then said they couldn't officially diagnose it because I was on the pill, so I was like..... well what was the point in that then! But thankfully they didn't try to do the transvaginal on me, that sounds absolutely horrific, so sorry you had to go through that. :(

A chill night with a film and hot chocolate sounds like just the thing.
    Sending hugs your way xx
  • LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru
    edited January 2019
    Anxiety can really suck for sure! 

Hope you're more relaxed now xo 

I can relate on a level because 
    Sex has aways been a bit awkward for me, it really hurt at the start and couldn't do it so went to the doctors, the scan was really painful and really hurt so I worried it was something horrible.
    They haven't discovered why but put it down to vaginismus and I'm currently trying to get tested for endo.

I really don't think it will be anything bad so try not to worry but that's easier said than done being an anxious person myself.

Distraction methods work well try listening to music,  watching a film, coloring in,  anything :)
    Next time you Find yourself Worrying try to rationalise those thoughts, really think,  do I have all those symptoms?  

We're all here for you xo

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
    It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld
    Should be getting my test results tomorrow. Bit nervous. I guess since they've not rang me it's a good sign. Ahhh so anxious I can't think properly. I've never wanted a period so badly before 
    Warm hugs Skye, anxiety sucks <3
    Thanks Kathleen! I'm hopeful things will be okay but once a thought starts they all go into overdrive 
    Yeah haha. I'm hopeful things will be okay too :)
    My results have come back normal!! I'm so happy!!
    That's awesome Skye, glad to hear :)
    Great news Skye, really pleased for you xx
  • LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru
    That's great to hear Skye! so happy :)

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
    It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld
    My period has finally come and even though it hurts, it has meant my anxiety has calmed