Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Mock exam diary

LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
Hey guys :)

I just felt like making a place to document my feelings and thoughts over this weeks exams x I feel like rambling helps so if you are experiencing any study issues feel free to join in :) (I rambled about it last night in hugs thread 

Today was my first ever exam, English. 
It didn't start very good 😂

I was fine up until lunch break where I guess it clicked, I had a bit of a breakdown and my lecturer sent me  to student services, they said I could do it or not so not much help haha

I skipped lunch because I felt really nauseous and walked down to give it a try,  I had another breakdown so walked back up to our building haha 
My P/T convinced me to give it another try so I gave her my phone and went back down.  My friends boyfriend tried dragging me in with him bless him lol I ran off a few times and eventually came back where I had my third and biggest breakdown. I don't generally cry in front of people but when I do I usually take whatever hug comes but this time I guess I was very paranoid?  Got myself in a nice corner and thought everyone was trying to drag me in there then I'd be stuck so kept my distance.

This lovely Examiner came along and asked who usually calms me down so she got my old English teacher who gave me a hug and eventually got me in a separate room with some boys and my old maths teacher. I managed to compose myself after and get my paper done in there it really helped x don't know how well I did but I answered everything 😂 

My E/T said I can get a doctors note or go in there bit by bit over time and get used to it x

Not sure what to do tomorrow I might get my friend to drag me in properly, I feel I just need to be pushed into it and when I get in it will be okay? Keep you updated I guess A-ha x

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,143 Part of The Furniture
    Well done ! The main thing is you got there in the end and did the paper and that all anyone can ask of you 💖
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru
    Thanks @Millie2787 💕

Tuesday update:
    Felt fairly fine all day,  no breakdowns just a moment of anxiety. Went dominos with some friends this morning so that weirdly helped Keep me busy until it was time.  
    After that I had a meeting with my old English teacher to talk about my issues and keep me calm which was nice x

When I got down there I felt that unexplainable wave again but it didn't last long because the examiner told me I had the same small room as yesterday x

Today's exam went well,  wrote a lot not sure how good it was haha but I did :)

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

• CarolineVCarolineV Posts: 133 The Mix Convert
    I'm glad today seemed a bit better for you! I always had a smaller room for exams, and usually the same examiner which definitely helped.

Hope the rest of your exams go okay! <3
  • ArianaAriana Posts: 193 Trailblazer
    edited January 2019
    Hey Laine, it sounds like today went much better, so well done! I'm also glad that people are supporting you and helping you to stay calm and distracted. You're doing really well and this is all great practice for working out how to manage the real ones when they come round. Keep persevering with it, we're all behind you xx
    Thanks a lot Caroline! x

Thanks @Ariana <3 today was, no meltdowns and the talk prior was defo helpful. i can't thank my english tutor enough i know it may not have been the same in the school xo

The issue is i don't have a reason really to be in a smaller room because the examiner said anxiety does not qualify?

On the other hand my old math tutor knows if i go in there i forget everything and fail so he's trying to do something even if i go in so often and get used to it x

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

Anxiety definitely does qualify that’s the reason I have mine ! There’s no set guidelines to who should and shouldn’t be in smaller rooms it’s all down to the schools. 💖
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
    My old English teacher was furious When she saw me yesterday @Millie2787 Mad it got that far.
    My assessor said as I did not have a reader or dyslexia  I couldn't qualify for extra time because those are the only reason to lol
    I barely got my assessment at all and when I did all I got was more time.

I can get a separate room if I get a doctors note apparently but I believe they cost X

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

You don't have to have dyslexia or any diagnosed LD to get EXT its all based on weather you fall at all below a national standard in test there should of done in the assessment.I think you need to see if you old maths tutor can fight for you to be re-assesed (i think college might be trying to fob you off), i know it dont particularly helps you in your mocks but will hopefully help you in later assessments.

I dont have a reader but do have extra time because i fall below the standard (of i think is 86 ) it literally has to be in one of the tests , in high school i literally just fell below the standard in only spelling.

Yer unfortunately with the doctors note you do have to pay , they shouldn't be to expensive so it might be worth investing in it because then college will have a copy it of file for if now and if you stay on in september<3 May be worth getting mum/and or dad speaking to the senco or whoever is in charge in SEND
    Thanks @Millie2787 💕

Today was my last mock, the exam board woman was less than helpful and really made me upset, said there was no small room for me and I got that but proceeded to say things that made me invalidated, was going to walk off before my old English teacher found me a room with just one boy in and good old kizzy (my best friends best friend😂(no room my a 😂) 

I got an email earlier from the assessor updating my exam arrangements to 25% more time and a smaller exam room so I think I get them now?  Thanks English teacher 💕

Today was maths and I only answered 3 questions, don't even think they were right 😂

I swear I have something like dyscalculia but didn't get assessed much just read out some letters and numbers 😂 

🌈Positive thoughts🌈