Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

wow toxic friends pt 3

hannahxoxohannahxoxo Posts: 34 Boards Initiate
omg its happened again. i am rlly rlly bad at choosing my friends. anyway im just going to keep this short bc i dont rlly need to go into detail but, i took a day off school on friday and my friend asked me why and i told her my reason and she said 'well i just think its stupid'. like who are u to tell me when i can have a day off or not. it was so fucking ridiculous so obvs i had a go and i was like thats stuoid to say bc i dont need to ask u if i can have a day off or not. she got angry at me and started being bitchy. then she blocked me on snapchat i tried to ring her later but she wouldnt so i stopped. i spoke to another girl who is friends with both of us and she said that i over reacted but she shouldnt have said it was stupid for me to have a day off. so then today i said to the girl 'sorry for overreacting' and she just replied 'ok'. the girl who is friends with us both spoke to her and said have you made u with hannah (thats me) she said it was pathetic i dont want to make up with her. ive apologised and done evrything i can. the only thing i can do is ignore the whole thing and just not speak to her. we hang out at lunch bc we have the same friends and it will be awkward but oh well. were also in lessons together but i just have to deal with it. i dont want to waste my time and thoughts on someone like her. it is such a pathetic thing to do and i have no effort for it. someone please assure me that what im doing is fine and itll be ok. shell get over it eventually and when she does i will still keep a distance from her but until she matures i just have to go with my plan of ignoring it. 

Comments

• Options
    Kathleen07Kathleen07 Posts: 1,938 Extreme Poster
    Hey @hannahxoxo Gosh, sorry to hear this, that sucks. I can assure you that what you're doing is understandable and okay :) it's a terrible thing when friends turn out to not be real like that. How are you feeling, if you want to say? xo
  • Options
    Hey @hannahxoxo Gosh, sorry to hear this, that sucks. I can assure you that what you're doing is understandable and okay :) it's a terrible thing when friends turn out to not be real like that. How are you feeling, if you want to say? xo
    hi thank you for commenting! to be honest i am just so fed up that this keeps happening again and again. i really hope when i move onto sixth form the girls will be a lot more mature and i will actually make some true friends ahah xxxx
  • Options
    Kathleen07Kathleen07 Posts: 1,938 Extreme Poster
    hi thank you for commenting! to be honest i am just so fed up that this keeps happening again and again. i really hope when i move onto sixth form the girls will be a lot more mature and i will actually make some true friends ahah xxxx
    Firstly anytime, haha. Hm, I can definitely see why you're really fed up with it. It sounds frustrating. I really hope you do make some true friends soon! <3
  • Options
    Firstly anytime, haha. Hm, I can definitely see why you're really fed up with it. It sounds frustrating. I really hope you do make some true friends soon! <3
    thank you so much!

• Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,500 Skive's The Limit
    edited January 2019
    She is the one over re acting. If someone told me that a reason I took a day off from somewhere -was “stupid” - I’d probably react the same cause not right to say to someone and not just gunna ignore things that are not right but then I would move on from it after.  But she clearly can’t. And sounds like play ground behaviour lol. It will be okay and you’re doing the right thing. Sometimes when things stress me out with people I think “will this matter in 5 years time” (or how many ever years) and if the answer is no I’m like yeah I don’t actually want to waste any more time on it then cause not important & focus on more important things. Hope you find less toxic friends soon 
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley