Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Loosing my best friend

On Friday I said goodbye to my best friend of 5 years. Those years were hell, particularly for her, and we were both finding it impossible to put ourselves back together again while we were holding onto the past. So it's gonna be a very long time before I see or speak to her again. Even though it was hard, I love her so much and we had really good moments together. I really really miss her. I wish it didn't have to be this way. I hate that it happened. None of it should have happened. I know what I'm feeling is grief, it feels stupid to be this upset when she hadn't died and part of the problem was we both thought she would have been dead a while ago. But it still really hurts.

Comments

• Options
    Kathleen07Kathleen07 Posts: 1,938 Extreme Poster
    Hey bud, just wanted to say I sympathise and am sorry for this, and your feelings are understandable <3 Sending virtual hug. And if you need to talk more we're listening. 
  • Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,495 Skive's The Limit
    Hey

loosing a friend in anyway is really painful but it sounds like it was for the right reasons if you say the 5 years was hell?

But will understandly be really hard either way as she was apart of your life and little things like you will get times where something happens in your life and you will want to tell her but then realise not close anymore and that sort hurts and I don’t think I am helping tbh. But I just mean that these feelings are valid and you can let yourself grieve for that lost friendship, in anyway and then things may start to get easier as time goes on. 

“And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    CarolineVCarolineV Posts: 133 The Mix Convert
    Hi Scout

I'm sorry to hear what you're going through, that sounds really tough :( You mentioned you're feeling grief, that's a completely valid emotion when you've lost someone from your life.

We're here for you if you'd like to talk more about what happened. Do you have any other friends to keep you company at the moment?

I hope things are a bit better for you today 
    Caroline

• Options
    RileyRiley Moderator Posts: 991 Part of The Mix Family
    Hey there @Scout19

Just wanted to echo what others are saying here and hope that you are getting the support you need. Losing a friend in any way can be heartbreaking and it's understandable that you're feeling a lot of grief over it. Do you have anyone in your life you can talk to about what you're going through?

Be sure to keep us up to date with how you're doing and as others have said if there's anything you need from us on the boards feel free to ask.

- Riley
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.