Home Community Announcements
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Community Quiz (30/01/19)

TheMixTheMix Posts: 3,040 Boards Guru
edited January 2019 in Community Announcements
Hey everyone,

A little later than usual, but better late than never. ;)

The January quiz will be on Wednesday the 30th of this month, from 7-8pm. For anyone unfamiliar with community quizzes, they take place in group chat and we have three rounds of 10 questions. One point is awarded for each question - first person to answer correctly gets the point.

The rounds are:

1. Entertainment
  2. The Mix trivia
  3. General knowledge

We like to get community members writing the questions, so if you'd like to write or host your own round, drop a comment below. The winners of each round will get a prize, and there will also be a prize for the overall winner. Depending on what we have to give away, there may also be something for runners up. Oh, and the hosts will get prizes for helping out.

We'll post an announcement with the prize list soon, so keep an eye out for that. We'll definitely have some Mix goody bags to throw in there. :)

Mike & the team

We're @Aife, @Ella, @Emma_, @Gemma, and @JustV - the staff team here at The Mix.

Our DMs are monitored Monday - Friday (10am - 6pm) with limited cover on weekends. We have a great team of moderators looking after the community outside of those hours to check in on any reported posts.

We're not able to provide support on this account. If you need support urgently for any reason, please call 999, go to your nearest A&E or contact Crisis Messenger by texting THEMIX to 85258.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• *BananaMonkey**BananaMonkey* Posts: 5,462 Part of The Furniture
    I think I'm not working that day so I don't mind hosting a round. No prize is needed though. And if you have others who wanna host that's fine with me. Just offer is there. :) 
    " And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
    " So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
    '' It's a beautiful day and I can't stop myself from smiling "
  • AuroraAurora Posts: 11,722 An Original Mixlorian
    Can I do TheMix round? 
  • thumperbearthumperbear Posts: 44 Boards Initiate
    Can I do the general knowledge please 
  • BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    I wouldn't mind pairing up with someone to host a round? doubt I could come up with 10 questions on my own haha
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
    I wouldn't mind pairing up with someone to host a round? doubt I could come up with 10 questions on my own haha
    Maybe we could do the entertainment round if you wanted? 
    " And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
    " So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
  • Past UserPast User Posts: 976 Part of The Mix Family
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,143 Part of The Furniture
    Meggles said:
    I'd like to host but co host with someone 
    We could do it together is you wanted to @meggles as I was going to host a round 
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
    edited January 2019
    Meggles said:
    Meggles said:
    I'd like to host but co host with someone 
    We could do it together is you wanted to @meggles as I was going to host a round 
    I don't mind. Im down for whatever
    Is there a round that you’d prefer to do or donn’t mind ? 
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
    Meggles said:
    I don't mind @Millie2787 im down for whatever. Im in the countryside right now so my internet is dodgy .you decide and I'll go along with it
    Coolio @The Mix were go with whatever is left to host  ? 
  • TheMixTheMix Posts: 3,040 Boards Guru
    edited January 2019
    Aurora said:
    Can I do TheMix round? 
    Thanks @thumperbear @Aurora - absolutely. :) Would you both like to write and host? Hosting just means calling the questions and announcing the winner of each point in the round.

This leaves us with entertainment. We're giving these out on a first come first serve basis and next to ask was @Millie2787 - happy to give the entertainment round to you. Would you like to write as well as host? Also up to you if you'd like a co-host - feel free to do it with @Meggles if you like. :) 

Thanks for putting your names forward too @BubblesGoesBoo & @*BananaMonkey*. If we need more writers or co-hosts, you guys will be the first in line. :) 

Cheers everyone!
    Mike & the team
    We're @Aife, @Ella, @Emma_, @Gemma, and @JustV - the staff team here at The Mix.

Our DMs are monitored Monday - Friday (10am - 6pm) with limited cover on weekends. We have a great team of moderators looking after the community outside of those hours to check in on any reported posts.

We're not able to provide support on this account. If you need support urgently for any reason, please call 999, go to your nearest A&E or contact Crisis Messenger by texting THEMIX to 85258.
    Im happy to  co-host with @meggles on entertainment and write them unless anyone would like to write them ? 
    The Mix said:
    Aurora said:
    Can I do TheMix round? 
    Thanks @thumperbear @Aurora - absolutely. :) Would you both like to write and host? Hosting just means calling the questions and announcing the winner of each point in the round.

This leaves us with entertainment. We're giving these out on a first come first serve basis and next to ask was @Millie2787 - happy to give the entertainment round to you. Would you like to write as well as host? Also up to you if you'd like a co-host - feel free to do it with @Meggles if you like. :) 

Thanks for putting your names forward too @BubblesGoesBoo & @*BananaMonkey*. If we need more writers or co-hosts, you guys will be the first in line. :) 

Cheers everyone!
    Mike & the team
    ok, no worries. 
  • thumperbearthumperbear Posts: 44 Boards Initiate
    @The Mix I just wanted to write the round if that’s okay I dunno if I’m gonna be able to make the quiz 
    edited January 2019
    @The Mix I just wanted to write the round if that’s okay I dunno if I’m gonna be able to make the quiz 
    No problem @thumperbear. :)

So that leaves us in need of a host for the general knowledge round. If anyone would like to get involved, let us know (either via PM or by posting here). :+1: 

Mike & the team

I don't mind helping out 
    I don't mind helping out 
    @*bananaMonkey you can write the questions for entertainment if you want to , I’m not gonna have time to write them ?
    I don't mind helping out 
    @*bananaMonkey you can write the questions for entertainment if you want to , I’m not gonna have time to write them ?
    Are you sure?
    I don't mind helping out 
    Are you sure?
    Yep ! I’m hosting that round anyway so  and have got exams through this month so wouldn’t of had time to write them ! 
  • AuroraAurora Posts: 11,722 An Original Mixlorian
    I'm off from work, so I can defo host as well! 
    @Meggles can write the questions for entertainment round if okay @Millie2787

I realised she mentioned it before me. It's fine. :) 
    @The Mix Well turns out I’m attucally busy on that night now so can’t host entertainment round 😞
    @The Mix Well turns out I’m attucally busy on that night now so can’t host entertainment round 😞
    @The Mix just wanted to check that you’ve seen the message above about me not being to host the round ? ^^
    @The Mix just wanted to check that you’ve seen the message above about me not being to host the round ? ^^
    Yep, thanks @Millie2787. Just been super slow with replying to this thread and getting things organised. ;) Thanks for the nudge.

I've followed up with a couple of you via PM to confirm roles, and currently we're in need of a host for  entertainment and general knowledge. If you're interested in either of those, reply to this post or drop us a PM. We'll give priority to those who have already showed interest.

Thanks everyone!

Mike & the team

• AbigailAbigail Posts: 816 Part of The Mix Family
    edited January 2019
    I've followed up with a couple of you via PM to confirm roles, and currently we're in need of a host for  entertainment and general knowledge. If you're interested in either of those, reply to this post or drop us a PM. We'll give priority to those who have already showed interest.

I should be free if you want me to do it? 
    Some people think I am unhappy. I'm not. I just approach silence in the world that never stops talking.
    Thanks @Abigail I'll send you a PM :) 

- Aife

Just checking in here to say we've updated the time from 7-7:45pm to 7-8pm in case we need the extra time. Depending on how we go, it might not take that long, but better safe than sorry. :) 

Mike & the team

edited January 2019
    And the winners are...

Becka, who cleaned house and won every single round and also got the highest points overall. Might be a career path to consider there!

We also have a few runners up. @Jellyelephant came in at a very close second for the entertainment round, and @Charlotte came in at second place for The Mix trivia. @Ariana also takes second place for highest overall score.

Special thanks to @Aurora and @thumperbear for writing the questions for us, and @Abigail for writing her round and being a fantastic host for not one, but two rounds. And of course, cheers to Hallie and Sand for modding and keeping score.

We'll be in touch with all the above people, as well as our round-writers and hosts, to arrange prizes to be sent out. If anyone sees Becka around, it would be amazing if you could ask them to PM us or email info@themix.org.uk so we can organise their prize. :)

Thanks everyone!

Mike & the team

• JellyelephantJellyelephant Posts: 1,869 Extreme Poster
    I get a prize?? i had to leave after the first round lol

thanks tho :) 
    The sun will rise and we will try again