Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Fooooood

SkyeIsNotTheLimitSkyeIsNotTheLimit Posts: 86 Budding Regular
Hi!

So this time of year can be tough - I struggle with food. But I'm managing to control my negative voices and thoughts, but it would be nice if we can all support one another. Anyone got any techniques or tips etc to help deal with food guilt?

I'm trying to remind myself it's okay to indulge on nice stuff by looking at the i_weigh movement. It focuses on achievements and other things like make us special and awesome so we don't dwell on our appearances.
I told her once I wasn’t good at anything. She told me survival is a talent

Comments

• LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru
    Hey Skye :)

This all sounds lovely and positive xo

I struggle with eating issues for different reasons so my tips may not be helpful. I will still post some later regardless :)

Loving the sound of the i_weight movement. 
    And you're absolutely right it's perfectly okay to indulge x

Wishing you the best and hope you enjoy your new year's eve ❤

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
    It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld
  • BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    Love the idea of the I_weigh movement :) 

the main thing that helps me is our bodys have a natural set weight, and I know once the holiday period is over my body will naturally get back to that weight. so I try not to worry about it too much.

something else that helps is knowing its normal to eat more this time of year, but I don't push myself too much, just what I can handle and that way I can have a good time aswell.

I know its easier said than done though.
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
  • SkyeIsNotTheLimitSkyeIsNotTheLimit Posts: 86 Budding Regular
    Thanks for replying!!

I'm getting better at the whole not being harsh to myself for indulging. I just feel like my mum is subtly judging me. It's hard to explain because to the outside world when she days we got to get healthy or are you sure you want that, she looks like a caring mum. But her tone and eyes say different things. She's quite judgy about my weight.
  • ArianaAriana Posts: 193 Trailblazer
    Thanks for replying!!

I'm getting better at the whole not being harsh to myself for indulging. I just feel like my mum is subtly judging me. It's hard to explain because to the outside world when she days we got to get healthy or are you sure you want that, she looks like a caring mum. But her tone and eyes say different things. She's quite judgy about my weight.
    My mum is just like this too. Not about my weight (usually about my lack of career direction and lack of a social life, things like that). But just exactly that same kind of comment that sounds caring and interested to other people, but to you you know is full of judgment and disappointment. I hate it! 
    Ariana said:
    Thanks for replying!!

My mum is just like this too. Not about my weight (usually about my lack of career direction and lack of a social life, things like that). But just exactly that same kind of comment that sounds caring and interested to other people, but to you you know is full of judgment and disappointment. I hate it! 
    I'm so happy that someone else understands! I try explaining it to my friends but they call me ungrateful and over sensitive 
  • ArianaAriana Posts: 193 Trailblazer
    Urgh, I hate that "you're just being oversensitive" accusation. All feelings should be valid, whatever their cause. Also nobody can see through your parents like you can! My mum can get away with lying to anyone else but I can always tell.
  • Lucy307Lucy307 Posts: 1,171 Wise Owl
    Yes I love the i_weigh stuff too!! Such a good way to promote us as human beings instead of pieces of meat!!
    Treat yourself as you would treat a good friend
    Lucy307 said:
    Yes I love the i_weigh stuff too!! Such a good way to promote us as human beings instead of pieces of meat!!
    It honestly makes me feel so much better about myself!!  <3
  • CarolineVCarolineV Posts: 133 The Mix Convert
    Hi there!

Big fan of i_weigh here too, another one I love is bodyposipanda/Megan Crabbe, her social media is super positive and full of self love :)