Home Community Announcements
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

A message from Jo

TheMixTheMix Posts: 3,040 Boards Guru
edited December 2018 in Community Announcements
Hey everyone,

We have some really sad news to share with you all. Jo will sadly be leaving The Mix :( 

She's put together a message that she wanted us to share with you all. We'll send her a link to this thread so feel free to comment below any messages you want to send to Jo. 

Dear wonderful Mix Chat Community! 

Jo7 here! Some of you will just know me as Jo, one of the mods from chat but long ago (in a galaxy far, far, away) actually about 11 years ago now.. I started my working life as a moderator on the discussion boards working at The Mix headquarters and back then my boards name was Jo7. For the last 3 and a bit years I have been training to be a counsellor and supervising and modding chats just once a week..  To put it simply, what this means is that all of you have been huge part of my life for a very long time!!

So why am I blabbing on..? Well, sadly the time has come for me to say goodbye to you all and so I'm feeling pretty emotional and thinking about everything I have experienced since my time here. My final chat will be on the 2nd January 2019 and then I'll be hanging up my supervisor and moderator hat so that I can focus on being the best counsellor I can be. It hasn't been an easy decision to make and I'm really going to miss you all! 

I have seen you all grow, change, struggle, argue ;-) , fall out, make up, be brave, open, vulnerable and kind, supporting each other in amazing ways. I have been so lucky to share all those chats with you and hear all about your lives - your successes, challenges, disasters and achievements and while I know some of you really struggle to believe that you can make it through some days, I have faith and hope that you will, because you are still here and every time you come to a chat or post on the boards you are showing your desire to be part of the world, and the world needs you. 

Look after each other, as someone said in chat the other week, you're all on the same side. Try not to forget that and offer each other as much kindness as you can because this is a special place where you can be yourself and be reminded that you're not alone.

If I can part with one word of advice it would be...

Learn about yourself, be curious about your thoughts, feelings and behaviours, work out what makes you tick, what makes you happy and who in your life helps you to be the best version of you, take control over shaping the life that you want and believe that you deserve it, because you do ;) don't give up.

Thank you for all the amazing memories I will take with me and good luck with everything for the future!!

Jo xx

We're @Aife, @Ella, @Gemma, and @JustV - the staff team here at The Mix.

Our DMs are monitored Monday - Friday (10am - 5pm) with limited cover on weekends. We have a great team of moderators looking after the community outside of those hours to check in on any reported posts.

We're not able to provide support on this account. If you need support urgently for any reason, please call 999, go to your nearest A&E or contact Crisis Messenger by texting THEMIX to 85258.

Comments

• Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,146 Part of The Furniture
    edited December 2018
    Awwwww no and that’s such a beautiful message and I wish her the best of luck her with her new ventures 💖
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • AbigailAbigail Posts: 816 Part of The Mix Family
    Omg!! Jo was one of the first mods I meet 2 years ago. Your going into one of best jobs on the world according to most who are counsellor. Jo's always turn out to be good counsellors. Best of luck see you soon lovely x
    Some people think I am unhappy. I'm not. I just approach silence in the world that never stops talking.
  • LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru
    I've seen John a few times she was always awesome but I'm so glad to hear she's taking counselling further and I just know she'll be an awesome one :)

Wish her the best x

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
    It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld
  • DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,780 Master Poster
    Noooooooo Jo. Although I haven't known Jo for very long, when she has been in chats that I have been in, she has been amazing. Chat will be so different.
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
    Argue? Me? 😉😂
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
  • LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru
    Jo* my phone has something about Jo's haha!

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
    It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld
  • HannHann Posts: 3,434 Boards Guru
    omg Josephine I can't believe you're leaving :cry: I am going to miss you so much! I just want to say thank you so much for being such an amazing person, for helping me through tough times (along with fellow previous mods) back in the day, for being a great chat mod. I hope the future brings you so much joy and I know you will be amazing at your job <3 

Lots of love, 
    Hann <3
  • *BananaMonkey**BananaMonkey* Posts: 5,462 Part of The Furniture
    Jo, 

Going to miss you lots, Just want to say thank you for all your support through the years, and for all those chats, weekenders

Wishing you the bestest of luck with everything in the future, your gonna be amazing. Your such a lovely person with a big heart, so I reckon your gonna be an amazing counsellor. 

:heart:

" And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
    " So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
    '' It's a beautiful day and I can't stop myself from smiling "
  • SienaSiena Posts: 15,493 Skive's The Limit
    Aw that is sad news. But wish Jo all the best for future! Will be a great counsellor. And Will be missed on here <3
    x
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
    I put together a Kudoboard. Pm me any messages you want on it.
  • AuroraAurora Posts: 11,722 An Original Mixlorian
    Having been quite a big part of my life Jo, and all my many dramas on here, I can without a doubt day I'll miss you, its strange how quickly time goes, and I can honestly agree with your paragraph where you say you've been through our fall outs/make ups etc, because you have, and you've been more than just a moderator here, you've been so genuine and loving and kind, and honestly, it will be heart breaking to see you leave, we've lost a lot of mods a long the way, but the impact you, Helen and JimV had will never be forgotten, I look forward to coming to your final chat. 
  • AllieAllie Posts: 235 Trailblazer
    Jo I've known you since starting at this website. You have helped me so much over the years I will never forget the crisis points I hit and you were there to support me through them. Thank you so much and good luck as a counsellor you will be great!!! Also, there was no last chat for you? There was no chat on the 2nd because of the 2 week break. Gutted to not get to speak to you for the last time. Take care Jo xx
  • TheMixTheMix Posts: 3,040 Boards Guru
    KaydenK said:
    Also, there was no last chat for you? There was no chat on the 2nd because of the 2 week break. Gutted to not get to speak to you for the last time. 
    Eek! Sorry guys - this was our fault. We didn't update this post when we decided the dates for chat break. 😔 Jo does see new responses to this thread though, so your messages are still valuable!

Mike & the team
    We're @Aife, @Ella, @Gemma, and @JustV - the staff team here at The Mix.

Our DMs are monitored Monday - Friday (10am - 5pm) with limited cover on weekends. We have a great team of moderators looking after the community outside of those hours to check in on any reported posts.

We're not able to provide support on this account. If you need support urgently for any reason, please call 999, go to your nearest A&E or contact Crisis Messenger by texting THEMIX to 85258.