Home General Chat Positivity Corner
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Goals

SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
edited November 2018 in Positivity Corner
Heyy,

so whatever your goals maybe small or big, long term or short term. I thought we could share here. In a supportive place to help us. Even as small as having a shower today. As sometimes i feel sharing makes me more motivated. And remember it is okay if sometimes you dont reach your goals. I think having somethin to focus on can help. And failure helps us to improve. 

One small goal of mine atm is to have a phone call with Maytree. Want to atleast this week. I have been trying for awhile lol but will get there
“And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
Tagged:

Comments

• BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    one goal of mine is to make it to work every day this month, something I haven't done in a long time, so no hospital admissions allowed! I know work is good for me and helps keep me distracted, its just hard finding the motivation to go in when im having a bad day, and that leads to me being in hospital.
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
  • SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    Not gunna spend any money on clothes next week. Spend wayy too much on clothes
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru
    I have a few. 

Being more kind to myself and appearance.

Passing functional my college course and English + maths

Moving out 

And Improving my anxiety :)

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
    It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld
  • Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,143 Part of The Furniture
    I think The Main goal for me currently is to go be able to go to albie funeral on Tuesday afternoon 
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • LabraBellLabraBell Posts: 203 Trailblazer
    My goal right now is to get out of this emotional pit I've gotten myself stuck in. 
    What do you mean I have to think of an intelligent signature?
    To go to recovery college tomorrow
    Shaunie said:
    To go to recovery college tomorrow
    Went to it😊
  • BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    one goal of mine is to make it to work every day this month, something I haven't done in a long time, so no hospital admissions allowed! I know work is good for me and helps keep me distracted, its just hard finding the motivation to go in when im having a bad day, and that leads to me being in hospital.
    Yeahh that failed already aha.

New goal is to look after myself more and listen to my body, I've been pushing myself to hard recently and it landed me in hospital once again, so if I need a day off from work/the world im gonna take it.
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
    To go to group therapy tomorrow.
    Keep thinking about not going Tbh as last session kinda discoraged me
    My goal is to make a goal for my group therapy next week ah
    I want to get on top of my washing this week.
    Im trying to redecorate my room. Very slowly.

I tried putting shelves up. Which yeah really did fail lol as i tried with those command stickers as dont have a drill. Command stickers do not help with shelves ahah  So my goal is to do that and find a way lol. Otherwise i will give up and waste money
    Keep on top of tidying my room
  • DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,740 Master Poster
    For after half term: Stay in my maths lesson. I feel super anxious about it as I am still traumatised from last time

"There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
    Train teddy with new way. Only day one & i swear i can see a change already 😊😊😊
  • LubnaLubna Deactivated Posts: 496 Listening Ear
    I set 3 goals with my MHT

1.To reduce the amount of hospital admissions.
    2.To use distraction techniques
    And 
    3.To maintain friendships.
    Keep on top of tidying my room. Basically what ive learnt is - if you make your bed - everything else doesnt look so messy lol
    edited December 2019
    Drink more water