Home Gender & Sexuality
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Sexuality

RicochetRicochet Posts: 13 Settling in
I don't really care what people think so I'll just post this.

I don't really love people, I just idolize them. Sometimes I really need people and they become my world. This applies to boys and girls. I don't know if that means I'm bi but I don't feel that emotional connection with people. What does this mean?

Comments

• LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru
    Hiya :)

It's perfectly normal to be questioning our sexuality and we can question for ages before feeling comfortable with one. 

You say you don't feel that emotional connection? Do you like them as a person(platonically) but not love them(in a romantic or sexual way?)

You may be what is called aromantic and asexual Wherr you feel no romantic and sexual attraction to someone. 
    It is completely up to you whether you decide this fits you and you can change your mind at any time :)

Many aromantics go on to date platonically so it won't mean you're destined to be alone. 

Don't feel to pressured by anything to just be you x

Best wishes! 

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
    It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld
  • PuffinEthicsPuffinEthics Posts: 74 Budding Regular
    Hi @Ricochet

I hope your doing okay. 

This is a confusing topic, its a difficult one to work through. For me, my experience brought up a lot of questions, I identify as queer bisexual, because I have the potential to be attracted to people of any gender identity, and its taken me a while to really understand myself.

The labels don't have to be so important, labels are about communicating who you are for others. So, if there's not a label you feel comfortable with, don't worry, we don't fit neatly in the boxes! 

In terms of not getting that emotional connection, love is different for everyone, and that absolutely fine

Do you feel that you just don't connect with anyone like that, or don't want to? 
    Do you feel like its something you want because you actually want it or because you feel like you should want it? 

Thank you so much for sharing, let us know how you're getting on,

All the best, 
    -Puffin Ethics