Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Self-Harm

AmieeAmiee Posts: 18 Settling in
Hi there you may know me you may not but im 14 year old girl in secondary adopted and need help as my only resort seems to be self harming myself and i dont know what to do i cannot cope with life anymore i am confused and i dont have a clue what to do nobody ever lets me be thiere friend i hve none and i dont understand why as i carnt fit in anywhere please help and give advice to me .....

Comments

• Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,500 Skive's The Limit
    edited October 2018
    Hey. Welcome to the site

have you gone to your Gp about how youre feeling? They maybe able to help as shouldnt have to deal with this alone. 

Im sorry youre struggling:( i self harm so understand is horrible thing & i was just literally reading this, awhile ago -that i found from this site https://www.themix.org.uk/mental-health/self-harm/self-harm-coping-tips-and-distractions-5696.html which maybe helpful for you aswell. Have you tried holding an ice cube? That is painful & get the same feelings as self harming but it is a less harmful way. -  For something that is a more of a temporary relief

I think feeling like you dont fit anywhere is a common feeling and probably most people feel it some point. It can feel really lonely. But youre not alone with that feeling. 

I know i have felt it loads of times. Esp when i feel like am being judged and feelike am different so become more introvert. So then hard to make friends
    But We are all unique so you have to
    accept, love yourself and be kind to yourself even when you feel like others arent
    Do you have any interests? Maybe could actively find more people similar to you, so feel can fit in & make friends. 

Hope youre feeling a bit better today. 

“And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    thanks for the comment and today it just seems its getting worse each day. I went to lunch with some girl and she ran off and thoght it was funny i then went to this other friend to go to ask her to get lunch with me bt she had already got her luch and ive had this 5 days in a row now and i carnt bare it how could they leave me like that i have no other friends so i carnt talk to anybody else so i ave to just go with it so i still seem to have a friend.... I hate life it just always seems to be a problem for me and yes i have interest i love singing cause its the only thing i can express my emotions with and also hip hop dancing and conteporary i have gone to clubs outside of school and in school but havent lasted long as bullying starts straight away its not fair xoxo but thanks anyway xoxo
  • Options
    Amiee said:
    thanks for the comment and today it just seems its getting worse each day. I went to lunch with some girl and she ran off and thoght it was funny i then went to this other friend to go to ask her to get lunch with me bt she had already got her luch and ive had this 5 days in a row now and i carnt bare it how could they leave me like that i have no other friends so i carnt talk to anybody else so i ave to just go with it so i still seem to have a friend.... I hate life it just always seems to be a problem for me and yes i have interest i love singing cause its the only thing i can express my emotions with and also hip hop dancing and conteporary i have gone to clubs outside of school and in school but havent lasted long as bullying starts straight away its not fair xoxo but thanks anyway xoxo @Shaunie
  • Options
    Aw that doesnt sound nice of them to run away from you:(. Have you told your ‘friends’ how that makes you feel?  And tell them you dont find it funny?

& im sorry that youve been bullied:( some people can be horrible but I wouldnt let it put you off going to other places or clubs. There are many nice people
     but they sound like lovely great interests to have <3
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    aww thankxs i think youre the nicieiest virtual friend ill ever have
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    Ah aw youre welcome <3

We will all listen to you whenever& everyones lovely here & more than willing to give advice if can from our own experience.
     Genuierly care. Youre not alone 
    X
  • Options
    Shaunie said:
    Ah aw youre welcome <3

We will all listen to you whenever& everyones lovely here & more than willing to give advice if can from our own experience.
     Genuierly care. Youre not alone 
    X
    you r amazing and  ihope to think positivly about things like you do and i know i dont know u but youre good at heping people in my opinion