Home Gender & Sexuality
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Females....

Invisible_meInvisible_me Posts: 139 The Mix Convert

Hi,

Female thread- What to do and stop feeling low, when your time of the month gets you down because your religion limites the thing you can do. It's a festival but because it's the time of the month I am not allowed to go until 5 days finishes. Which finishes Tomorrow, but cannot go to the festival (finishes Thurs) because i'll still be on, and although you can still attend with certain restrictions because it takes place late evening, I cannot go because I then have to get up at 6 for uni, and I won't get up.

Feel so down :( My period has ruined the festival, I love the festival! But yet, I cannot enjoy it this year.

Comments

• Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,495 Skive's The Limit
    Hey. 

Sorry to read that your period is getting in the way of being able to go to a festival. Know some festivals can be really important to some. 

I dont know much about religion and festivals and stuff sorry. - But Is there a way you can do something at home instead? Or do something nice for yourself instead?

Any other festivals youre looking forward to? 
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    Invisible_meInvisible_me Posts: 139 The Mix Convert

Hello both,

THanks for replyies… I appreciate it's hard to some what reply. I think I was so upset that day I posted that I wanted to get it out.

There is next year? But this was the last year before my friend who I used to 'play' with attend festival with is moving away so she may maynot be here to attend next year...

There was divali I was looking forward to? But I think my period will get in the way then as well.... so waiting for next year? Not fair!

Inmi