Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Being Kind??

*BananaMonkey**BananaMonkey* Posts: 5,462 Part of The Furniture

I've been thinking recently how it's important to be kind, this isn't just kindness to others it's also kindness to yourself. 

So I thought what would be a lovely idea would be to start a thread where we can share our kindness whether that is something you have done that has been kind to somebody else or something that you have done to be kind to yourself. 

I'll start...

Today I texted my friend to thank her for being an amazing friend to me, and always supporting me. I felt good because it's important to thank people for all that they do :heart:

Over to you....

Sharing is caring :heart:
" And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
" So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
'' It's a beautiful day and I can't stop myself from smiling "

Comments

• Options
    BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    Today once I had finished my work I went and helped a colleague who's been going through a tough time with her health. It's not a big thing but it took some of the pressure off her and gave her a space to rant :) (we're short staffed and the amount of work they had given her was unrealistic) 
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
  • Options
    AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,032 Boards Guru
    Aww so lovely @*BananaMonkey* & @BubblesGoesBoo :) 

My sister lives in Australia and had an operation a few weeks ago. I felt really bad I couldn't fly out to be there with her so I bought her a bracelet from Etsy and got all of my families initials on it so she could wear it and know we were all thinking of her. I posted her a box of things she could do while she recovers and got her favourite chocolate from England! It managed to get to Australia without melting! :P 
    Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
  • Options
    Aife said:
    Aww so lovely @*BananaMonkey* & @BubblesGoesBoo :) 

My sister lives in Australia and had an operation a few weeks ago. I felt really bad I couldn't fly out to be there with her so I bought her a bracelet from Etsy and got all of my families initials on it so she could wear it and know we were all thinking of her. I posted her a box of things she could do while she recovers and got her favourite chocolate from England! It managed to get to Australia without melting! :P 
    Ah hope your sister is okay, ahhh amazing about the chocolate :) 

The bracelet sounds really lovely!! :heart:
    " And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
    " So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Just got here
    I have 2 loving aunts who adopted me, and they showed such kindness that I could weep. They and Sophie take care of me. It's humbling, being taken care of. Specially as I feel so helpless all the time.

• Options
    So this morning, I took some time to do some mindfulness. I feel more relaxed for it. 
  • Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,500 Skive's The Limit
    I find homelessness really sad and have done shopping and given the food to the homeless man. It literally makes me wanna cry everytime how grateful he is a small thing can brighten up their day. 
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    Shaunie said:
    I find homelessness really sad and have done shopping and given the food to the homeless man. It literally makes me wanna cry everytime how grateful he is a small thing can brighten up their day. 
    Amazing, what a kind thing to do.. 

I want to do something similar 
  • Options
    To be kind to myself, last night I had a no technology night, it really did help me :heart:
  • Options
    Small thing - but got my sister her favourate chocolate bar when i was out earlier 
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    I really Wish i could do this but i really hate phone callls but anyway reading the kindness and how this helps people makes me wanna cry
    -

There is an app called “be my eyes” its for the sighted and blind people. Where any sighted people just use the app and help the blind person through a phone call like helping them in a shop to find the right things or to read if somethin is out of date and stuff like that, that they cant do if by themselves. And it works as it will ring a few people at once (if youve set that time that could help) when the blind person needs hep and the first person to answer it helps thems. And they have a lot more voluteers than blind person so they always get help. https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.independent.co.uk/news/business/indyventure/be-my-eyes-blind-partially-sighted-app-startup-volunteer-vision-a8039236.html%3famp

But anyway i thought it was a really kind & lovely thing and wanted to share & someone might be interested in doing it 
  • Options
    Self care for me today, I'm not doing too good mentally so I'm trying to take it easy, so I've had a lovely chilled day so far, now I'm just looking at things to do in London when I go in November <3