Home Introduce Yourself
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

I've done a discussion kind of before but so confused right now..help please

RainbowsAndSunshineRainbowsAndSunshine Posts: 3 Newbie
edited October 2018 in Introduce Yourself
So basically I'm on sertraline, I'm waiting for a community mental health referral 
I self harm but if seems when I drink I go through a weird like it's not like I'm in control 
Im currently 23, I've suffered with depression/anxiety and have had 3 lots of CBT - My mood is ridiculous, I can feel elated and on a hyped up bender, Then I could be so angry that I feel like I explode at the littlest of things, Then I could be severely depressed, or I feel unattached and literally don't care about anything 
- I used to be bad with money never want to spend anything and now it's literally I need to spend the money cause it's in the bank. I worked out after bills (I still live with parents) I am left with 800 for myself but spend it til nothing 
- I become fixated, I currently am with makeup, it's like I need to keep buying it even if I can't afford it. Or reading I could read 7 books in one week sometimes 
- I am overweight, I honestly hate myself I want to change the majority about me 
- My anxiety is mad, I can't go to the shops, pay for things or walk around or make phone calls by myself then other times I feel the best way to describe it is like I can do anything 
- Sleeping is ridiculous, I sometimes sleep all the time then I have like 2/3 hours sleep a night or all the time 
- My concentration can be really bad,I get bored easily of conversations and people. I zone out, sometimes watch tv and won’t remember anything about it

This is a basic summary of things, I'm scared and don't know what to expect. I've have CBT 3 times and never been referred to a community mental health team, what can I expect? I just need advice as my self harm is getting worse, I'm sorry:(x

[dosage removed by moderator]

Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• SienaSiena Posts: 15,454 Skive's The Limit
    edited October 2018
    Hey,
    i hope youre finding it helpful here. Think i remember seeing your other post. But anyway- do you think you have a different/another diagnosis other than depression & anxiety ? sounds like a lot to be dealing with. Did you find cbt helpful in anyway or your meds?

Have they accepted your referral and now waiting for an assessment now?

Found this link which says on what happens after referral & what to expect. Hope is helpful

https://www.rethink.org/diagnosis-treatment/treatment-and-support/cmhts/what-happens-after-referral

Basically In the assessment they just see
    how they can help you or if they can help you. What support you have now, how youre feeling, what your needs are, speaking about past stuff ect.  But link goes in more detail. I would tell them everything you have written here and can maybe bring some notes with you so dont miss anything out. And ask lots of questions on stuff youre unsure off

also may find this link helpful(sorry if not)

https://www.nhs.uk/using-the-nhs/nhs-services/mental-health-services/mental-health-assessments/
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,276 Part of The Furniture
    edited October 2018
    Hey @RainbowsAndSunshine, and welcome to the community. :) Cool to have you.

Just a heads up that I edited this post to remove the dosage. It's not a major thing, just a blanket rule we have here to avoid any potential triggers or inclinations to self-medicate off what someone else has said.

Adding to @Shaunie's informative response, it sounds like you're dealing with a lot at once right now. There's a lot for us to unpack in one thread here, so it might be best to break things down a little and make specific threads over in the support sections (Health & Wellbeing, Sex & Rels, etc. - that area) around the individual topics you mentioned. :)

See you around, and welcome again!

Edit: I just re-read your post and realised your main question was around the community mental health team referral - sorry! Definitely feeling that 5:30pm lag... Shaunie has some good advice on that front. :) 
    All behaviour is a need trying to be met.
  • Mama_U660Mama_U660 Posts: 11 Settling in
    Hey im sorry about everything ur going through and i hope everything gets better soon. Im pretty sure this website will help with alot of things and im here if u need to talk <3