Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Autumn clothes

SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
edited October 2018 in Health & Wellbeing

Hey,

Thought we could share what we like to wear in autumn cause im just interested in any fashion & trends and stuff, not in a vain way (i say that ‘cause i think thats what some people would assume) - just an interest & what we wear is some self expression & interested in what others wear - even if not same as mine :) 

But if not im just gunna try to ‘quickly’ ramble about what i wear anyway ahh.  Cause need some distraction. So Sorry - probably nothing anyone is actually gunna read lol. 

I watch so much shit on youtube about fashion & trends & hauls, cause dunno im so boring & sad ? As dont have my own mind haa. & i buy too many clothes with money i dont have lol & should save money or something but cant help it.:’( But anyway in autumn i just love my jumpers. I have so many just plain colour ones and block colour ones. And i love turtle neck jumpers cause can wear thermal top underneath lol. Like my favourate colours are rusty orange and mustard, cause just nice colours in autumn and like i like my jumpers like the massive size there is. And im like size S but get like XL as just more comfortable. But like i also like fitted stuff. And i like bodysuits but maybe too cold now. But i do like going into the mens section to buy plain baggy tops and tie knot at bottom if too big&like not so baisc tops too

Also like hoodies sometimes but not that much. And sweatshirts and like i got a sweatshirt from h&m that has had a zip collar whih was half way & think that sort is nice ( but it doesnt sound that nice lol). 

And love to wear blazers but dress it down so doesnt look so formal

And i like dungarees

Animal patterns are suppose to be on “trend” but i aint too keen, hate leopard print. But i mean i think some animal patterns look nice if its not in your face sort & on some stuff

For jeans, maybe like lot of people - just only wear high waisted skinny jeans, without rips & ripped sort. 

Also love to wear trousers that can wear with other things so doesnt look too formal. And i just like things like grey plaid trousers sort & ‘paperbag’ waisted trousers. And in autumn if its not so freezing cold i like to wear skirts with tights, (that are tight fitted and above knee) esp “leather” skirts and plaid skirts -   With like plain black ankle boots or somethin can look autumny. 

& ofc i love boots in autumn and esp like plain ankle boots with some heel. Though i hate the sort that make a niose when you walk & wanna buy knee high boots but they just seem to always roll down. And i have a few trainers. I like Vans & Adidas And i just love white Adidas trainers that i like to wear with black skinny jeans and a white jumper. 

Teddy bear coats seem to be in trend this year so do have one of them. And i just love longish blazer sort of coats.  And like “leather” jackets. & biker sueded jackets esp tanned coloured. And i love denim jackets- esp over sized. And like bomber jackets. And i like fur lined coats cause get so cold in autumn

But need to sort my wardrobe out and give to chairty shop or something as pointless me having some stuff. 

I buy most of stuff from H&M and newlook and online. And get my bags from riverisland as they just last the longest 🙃

“And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley

Comments

• LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru
    I don't generally wear anything fancy apart from summer because I'm always cold. 

Usually in autumn I'm wearing whatever band shirt I find,  two jackets and my Long asda coat.  A pair of thermal jeggings and my black heeled boots with zips.

Sometimes if it's not so chilly I'll wear a nice band shirt or shirt sleeved one tucked in a high black skirt, some leggings and my boots with my big coat. 

I'd love to wear very autumny colors, one of the lecturers in college is always wearing nice blouses,  yellow shirts with black and white skirts or brown skirts,  leggings and brown boots ect and i'd just love to wear similar stuff and actually look like a woman haha 😂

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
    It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Just got here
    Because Mallorca's autumns are hotter than the UK's I usually have a woolly jumper for our chilly evenings, but our winters can be thoroughly nasty (no snow) so I have a ex-military hoodie which has been great and long lasting. I recommend ex-military clothing because it's never been made to a price, so the quality is outstanding. One other piece of clothing I love is my biker's leather jacket. It's close-fitting, warm and snug.

When back in England one particular jacket I wear lots is a wax jacket. Though Barbour is excellent and have a super after sales service, their wax jackets, Hunter Wellies and jumpers are not cheap, but last for severeal autumnal seasons. Cheaper wax jacket bargains can be found on the high street such as Millets.

A pair of boots that have been outstanding are Ecco. You can't beat good footwear especially if boots are Goretex lined. Properly looked after they'll last for years.
  • SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    Ah thanks for sharing @Floxy and @Laine  ! :) find interesting. &  Love autumny colour too and boots. Find hard to get boots that last, for some reason. 

ive just realise ive spent so much more money on clothes since writing this lol. Got 2 puffer coats and another coats and shirts and some jumperrs. Need help. Cant afford😭 not nessacry  clearly my “spending less money on clothes” aint working out. 😭

And while re reading my own comment of this kinda found this funny
    Animal patterns are suppose to be on “trend” but i aint too keen, hate leopard print
    Literally brought soemthing that had tiny bit of leopard print on. Despire the fact i hate it. Lol. Weird.  just buy whatever is in ‘fashion’. Maybe thats just me So sad😭😂😂
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Just got here
    @Shaunie another good place to look for clothes is Gumtree:  https://www.gumtree.com/search?search_category=all&q=clothes 

People sell 'bundles' of clothes, some good and some not-so... but you need to register so Gumtree can hold your phone number until you allow permission to give it to a potential buyer. Gumtree have been going for years. They are highly reputable, very very good.

Excuse me for going off-topic, but I can't resist sharing this beauty I narrowly escaped buying this tea/drinks trolley

But then I collect them so it's not the end of the world. I'm into collecting antiques, restoring and selling them on. Some though are so beautifully built such as Charles Eames that I have to keep them. Think I might have a bit of ocd. Ahaha! ;)