Home Introduce Yourself
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Hi England

CPwarrior18CPwarrior18 Posts: 1 Just got here
Hi everyone,
My name is CPwarrrior18 and I am 17
I have CP and I have just moved to the UK to go to college at York College and I will be doing a creative media course 
I don't have any friends here yet as I have been out of the country for a while
I hope to make some soon  :)
Look forward to chatting with you
CPwarrrior18

Comments

• EyepatchEyepatch Posts: 666 Incredible Poster
    Hello! 
    Welcome to the Mix :) 
    I hope your college course goes well!
    Feel free to add any disscussions to the forums when ever you like.

"Sometimes we find ourselves stuck between choosing what is right, and what is easy." 
  • SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    Hey welcome to the mix. Hope you enjoy it here. 
    &
    Hope it al goes okay and that you make friends at your college.
    take care!
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,026 Boards Guru
    Welcome @CPwarrior18

That's exciting your studying soon in York! I hope you enjoy your time here in the UK.

It's lovely to have you here on the boards :) 
    Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
  • fadedangelfadedangel Posts: 263 The Mix Regular
    Hey there, 

Welcome to the mix! I hope your settling in well here, we are all very friendly and willing to help and support you in any way we can. I’m glad you found us here, it is lovely to have you on the boards. 

Feel free to post anywhere and create your own discussions, we would love to hear more from you. We will always do our best to support you so whenever you need, do reach out for support. 

I hope your college course goes well and you enjoy your time here in the UK! 
    I’m sure you will make lots of new friends and I must say how much I love York, lovely place indeed for further education :) 

take care!
    - Lauren  
    « I have been through hell but the best is yet to come « 
  • DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,739 Master Poster
    Welcome to the boards. If you need a good laugh, you could pop along to group chats. There is also support chat but tonight there is 1 room for men and 1 for women
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Just got here
    Hello and welcome to The Mix. :)

York is a beautiful city and your media course sounds most interesting! Naturally, starting will be a bit daunting at first, but you won't be the only new student, so you should have a good opportunity to make friends with another new student, too.

I'm so glad you joined The Mix. There are some lovely people here.

Best wishes,
    Mandy
  • BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    Heey! welcome to the mix :)
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''