Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Feel embarrassed but curious about it

One-in-a-millionOne-in-a-million Posts: 597 Incredible Poster
so I’m 23 and have not had a sexual relationship before. I’m not embarrassed by this as it’s my body my decision!

however I’ve noticed a few days before or during my fertile window, I get really turned on for absolutely no reason that leads to me becoming ermm well wet. 

I feel masturbation helps a bit but I was curious is anyone else has the same feelings...

sorry feel a bit embarresed by this :/

Comments

• LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru
    Hey one in a million!  :)

Many people believe and go on to tell young people going through puberty that masturbation and sexual thoughts are normal but I often find they do not tell them that they can still experience this later on or tell adults that it can still happen.

It's completely normal and definitely not something you should be embarrassed by,  there are many reasons why people do from: seeing the person they like,  to natural raises in testosterone/estrogen, to hormonal birth control, and yes even during peoples cycles it fertile windows. 

Although sexual attraction these days is normally towards someone we love or are attracted to,  we often forget about bodies and what they're made for. 

You get a surge of hormones during your fertile window because you are well fertile and this is the best time for your body to reproduce. 

All in all there's nothing wrong with it and many people experience the same thing :)

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
    It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld
  • One-in-a-millionOne-in-a-million Posts: 597 Incredible Poster
    Thanks Laine I have to be honest I thought as we got older our bodies adjust and we can control it. It does actually make sense though as like you say it’s what are made for.

I do feel better about it having spoken about it as despite not being in a relationship it doesn’t mean I don’t have these thoughts. I remember a friend asking me (nicely) if I even had sexual feelings. And the answer is a big fat yes! It can be quite annoying sometimes  
    Oh it definitely can get rather annoying! 

I was pretty tame myself until I went on the implant. 

Always found it ironic that contraceptions supposed to prevent you getting pregnant but it makes you more sexually active haha

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

• One-in-a-millionOne-in-a-million Posts: 597 Incredible Poster
    😂😂 I was on the implant for about 6 month as a precaution when I was in a relationship however nothing happened and it was making me mega hungry so had it out in the end 
    Oh tell me about it! 
    In a weird way though it's changed my life, 

I have a hormone imbalance so instead of making me feel crazy and well hormonal lol it makes me feel just more balanced if I'm honest, I'm pretty more content then when I wasn't on anything.

It's definitely made me more hungry but that's been good as I was always an undereater,

Would keep this even If I was no longer sexually active 😂

Best wishes <3

🌈Positive thoughts🌈