Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Post of the month - April

TheMixTheMix Posts: 3,040 Boards Guru
Hey everyone!

It's time to vote on the post of the month for April!

Remember to keep an eye out for posts to nominate for next month's post of the month! You can nominate a post by reporting it and putting 'POTM' as the reason!

Here's the nominees for April

1. @independent_ for her post in 'Anxiety is bad'
Hiya Hannah,

Yes this is absolutely the right place, and it’s absolutely okay to write how you feel here!! This a is a lovely place with lovely people! And by the way, welcome!! I’m glad you’ve found us!!

I don’t really have any actual advice for you but the breathing technique Belle suggested is a really great one - it’s amazing what taking a few seconds to focus on something as natural as breathing can do.

Remember this though - You’ve made progress before. You can definitely make progress again! The fact that you’ve made that previous progress shows your strength. You can do thissss! I know you can!

2. @Invisible_me 's post in 'Feeling so let down :('
Hi Gracey,

I can't imagine how hard and frustrating it must be for you. Your courage however is commendable- so well done for reporting it, but a shame that they have decided to leave it there. Sometimes with these things it is very evidence based, and should they not find enough evidence In a number of different actions they sometimes have no choice but to drop it- But that doesn't mean that they are denying the case.

You can still get emotional help through those websites that Riley helpfully pointed out. It can be hard to feel hopeful at this stage, but you have done very well and so much yet to achieve. Again as Azziman said, sometimes the best thing you can do in this situation is 'carrying on' and almost showing to the person that you have moved on. You've spoken out about this very well, something which the person probably didn't want.

We are all here to support you through this stage and beyond- to help rise above and beyond.

Take care,
In_me

3. @Shaunie 's post in 'Mood swings'
Oh that’s really frustrating:( have you thought about changing doctors or something?

I hope it helps to write how you feel on here!

I understand is horrible & a v lonely place - when someone dismisses how you feel. Some people just don’t really understand & guess can be frustrating cause they care but dunno how to help or think they may say the ‘wrong’ thing & maybe is why they dismis it, But I’m sure your family care though?

Sometimes explaining to someone on how it affects you or what you do - rather than how you feel can make them understand too. If you dunno how to explain. Like sometimes I dunno how I feel but telling my gp I can rarely get out of bed & I self harm - helps them understand how I feel. If that makes sense? Then maybe is a step into thinking about why aswell? I dunno

Maybe you could make a time you want to ring the service? And maybe write down exactly/roughly -what you want to say. And maybe that could motivate you? Sometimes that helps me.

Every body matters. And how you feel is important.

4. @*BananaMonkey* 's post in 'Depression'
Hey Meggles :heart:

Just checking in to see how you're doing? Sorry to hear about you and your boyfriend breaking up.

We are here if you wanna chat about things,

Sending *hug*s :heart:

5. @One-in-a-million 's thread 'If you could send a letter to your younger You..'
If you could write a letter and send it back in time to a younger you, what age would you pick and what would you say? I got this idea from this song by Brad paisley
https://youtu.be/Mfr6Yxn17Vs (Please don’t judge my taste in music 😂)

This is mine
So for me I would pick 16 and would tell myself to speak out about being sexually bullied and harassed. I would say that there are people whi want to support you and you won’t always feel the way you do.

I would say that you are stronger than what you think and to ignore all those telling you that you will never amount to anything. I would tell my younger self to reach for the stars and always give things ago. I would say not to worry that I didn’t get the grade I wanted in my GCSES because I get another chance and that I will achieve the things I wanted to. I’d tell myself that it’s better to try and fail than to not try at all. I would tell myself that I am loved by my family and that I am needed in the world and despite the fact your having thoughts about ending my life that I will push through it and carry on.

Lastly I would tell myself that these are the things to remember and that I should share these things with others to help them carry on if they feel down.

Well done to all the nominees this month!

Aife & Mike
We're @Aife, @Ella, @Emma_, @Gemma, and @JustV - the staff team here at The Mix.

Our DMs are monitored Monday - Friday (10am - 6pm) with limited cover on weekends. We have a great team of moderators looking after the community outside of those hours to check in on any reported posts.

We're not able to provide support on this account. If you need support urgently for any reason, please call 999, go to your nearest A&E or contact Crisis Messenger by texting THEMIX to 85258.

Post of the month - April 7 votes

Independent_
28% 2 votes
Invisible_me
28% 2 votes
Shaunie
0% 0 votes
*BananaMonkey*
14% 1 vote
One-in-a-million
28% 2 votes

Comments