Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Being forced to pay a loan in someone elses name

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
My ex boyfriends took out a loan in his name to pay for our kitchen. We split. I am paying him monthly but he is demanding the whole amount in full within a week. I am making a monthly payment to him of what I can afford even though I am not legally obliged to pay his loan. Says he is going to take me to court. Where do I stand?

Comments

• LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru
    Although court is a kerfuffle you certainly won't be in the wrong or any danger. he took out the loan in his name and you were not married therefore it is his responsibility, all the court will do is help work out an amount for you to pay him monthly (if any seeing as you don't owe nothing) x

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
    It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld
  • joannejoanne Posts: 7 Confirmed not a robot
    The loans. In he's name so he will have to. Pay it off 
  • JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,287 Part of The Furniture
    Welcome to the community @joanne. :smile:

I've closed this thread as it's over a year old now, and probably no longer relevant to the OP. We tend not to post on threads that have been inactive for more than a couple of months. :+1:
    All behaviour is a need trying to be met.
This discussion has been closed.