Home Community Announcements
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Group chats for the next few days

TheMixTheMix Posts: 3,040 Boards Guru
Hey everyone,

As no one will be in the office tomorrow or Monday, I thought I'd roll the chat announcement threads for those days into tonight's. Here's the breakdown:

Tonight (Saturday 5th)
Under 16's Chat, 6-7:30pm: A space exclusively for the younger members of our community to reach out and get some support. You may see some older members there to support others, but this is primarily for those of you under 16. I'll be modding.

Sunday (6th)
Support chat and general chat are running tomorrow, both from 8-9:30pm.

Support chat: A place to talk about anything on your mind in a safe, supportive environment. Imogen & Becky will be modding.

General chat: A place for more light-hearted chat about pretty much anything be it TV, music, the weather, that hilarious video you saw on YouTube etc. Leanne will be modding.

Monday (7th)
Support chat and general chat are running on Monday, both from 8-9:30pm.

Support chat: A place to talk about anything on your mind in a safe, supportive environment. Dorina, Aman & Lauren will be modding.

General chat: A place for more light-hearted chat about pretty much anything be it TV, music, the weather, that hilarious video you saw on YouTube etc. Hallie will be modding.
You can find the 'join' links on this page once the sessions open. When you click 'join' for a session, you'll be taken through to our lobby area, from which you can access all the open rooms.

Please refer to our FAQ if you have any questions during the session. If you have a question you can't find an answer for, the moderators will be there to help you out.

Have good sessions, and remember that it's best to keep to one room at a time. You can click 'close' in the top right menu to leave a room. thumb.gif

Cheers everyone!
Mike
We're @Aife, @Ella, @Gemma, and @JustV - the staff team here at The Mix.

Our DMs are monitored Monday - Friday (10am - 5pm) with limited cover on weekends. We have a great team of moderators looking after the community outside of those hours to check in on any reported posts.

We're not able to provide support on this account. If you need support urgently for any reason, please call 999, go to your nearest A&E or contact Crisis Messenger by texting THEMIX to 85258.

Comments

• Options
    Oops - just bumping this so it's visible. ;)

Mike

Our DMs are monitored Monday - Friday (10am - 5pm) with limited cover on weekends. We have a great team of moderators looking after the community outside of those hours to check in on any reported posts.

We're not able to provide support on this account. If you need support urgently for any reason, please call 999, go to your nearest A&E or contact Crisis Messenger by texting THEMIX to 85258.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Just got here
    While the cat's away, the mice will play. :d
  • Options
    That said ^ if the boards get some really evil mice and no staff are here to deal with them, then many of us will be vulnerable because the site won't feel safe! :(
  • Options
    AbigailAbigail Posts: 818 Part of The Mix Family
    Floxy wrote: »
    That said ^ if the boards get some really evil mice and no staff are here to deal with them, then many of us will be vulnerable because the site won't feel safe! :(

@Floxy There has been staff on over the weekend (sunday & monday). Volunteers also known as moderators can remove and edit posts on the boards. Mike will return back to work tomorrow the visible staff will be back. Feel free to report anything if you think its against the board rules.
    Some people think I am unhappy. I'm not. I just approach silence in the world that never stops talking.
  • Options
    Abigail wrote: »

@Floxy There has been staff on over the weekend (sunday & monday). Volunteers also known as moderators can remove and edit posts on the boards. Mike will return back to work tomorrow the visible staff will be back. Feel free to report anything if you think its against the board rules.

Thank you for mentioning this, @Abigail I would report anything if need be just to protect the board. I expect some mods may have been active anyway, for it's just occurred to me why the spam vanished. :)
  • Options
    Abigail wrote: »

:yes:

Although staff might not always be around, we have moderators and spam-deleters looking after the community throughout the week to keep everything in check. There's always someone around to help with the spring cleaning. ;)

Mike