Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Wetting my pants at school

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
My name is Greg and I wet my pants at school last week because a teacher wouldn't let me go to the toilet.
It was a really hot day so I had drunk a lot of water. I'm that kid at school who is always asking to go to the toilet, I ask to go in most lessons and a lot of teachers have picked up on this and have stopped letting me go in class and telling me that I need to go between classes or during break and lunchtime.

It happened in our history class immediately after lunch. I hadn't needed to go at lunch and had spent most of lunchtime playing football. It was a really hot day and I had drunk about 3 bottles of water. When I got into class I quickly became really desperate, we have a really strict teacher for geography and he wouldn't let me go telling me that I'd just had an hour for lunch and that I should of gone then. I knew I was going to wet myself but I was too scared to ask again. I started fidgeting uncontrollably in my seat desperate to hold it in but it was no good. I felt a warm squirt in the front of my pants which I was able to stop but less than a minute later the same thing happened and I couldn't hold it in. I just froze, I wanted to run but couldn't. The room was quiet so everyone could hear this long hissing noise. It must of lasted for over a minute I desperately tried to stop but I ended up emptying my whole bladder. My friend who was sitting next to me knew what was happening and I was quickly removed from the class so I could clean myself up.

I've wet myself at school twice before when I was 7 and when I was 9, that was because I was too afraid to ask and I was far from the only one to have an accident at primary school. I'm 14 now and in year 9 so this is obviously really embarrassing and definitely shouldn't be happening to someone my age. I'm scared that I will be bullied really badly for this.

Comments

• AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,026 Boards Guru
    Hey Greg, I'm sorry to hear what happened at school and that you're feeling scared about being bullied. It can be really difficult when a teacher tells us we can't go to the toilet, but it's only natural to need to go, especially when it's a hot day and we've been drinking lots of water. How have things been at school recently?

There's some amazing support out there to help you through this and if you're ever getting bullied there's some great advice on our website about what to do. I've included a bit from the article below:
    What do I do if I’m being bullied?

We know you’re scared (or maybe even embarrassed), but it’s important not to keep this a secret.

“It’s not OK to feel scared all the time, it’s not OK to be tormented,” says Dr Aaron. “Relentless bullying can take its toll on your self-esteem, so don’t hide what’s happening.”

Bullies are able to get away with it because their victims are too scared to report what’s happening. Find someone you trust and tell them what’s going on. Together you can come up with a way to deal with it.

What you don’t want, according to Dr Aaron, is to allow a bully to get inside your head. “That means the bully doesn’t even need to be there for you to feel crap about yourself,” he says.

“The moment you realise you’re talking to yourself like the bully, e.g. ‘You’re no good, nobody likes you,’ STOP. Instead, think about the people who love you and what makes you happy in life. It’s bad enough being bullied ‘out there’- – don’t give them that power to get inside your head and make it worse.”

You can also reach out to BullyingUK who offers advice and support to victims of bullying. You can call them on 0808 800 2222 or visit their website here for information and advice.

Keep posting here whenever you like, we're all here for you :)
    [h=2][/h]
    Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    It's not been anywhere near as bad as I thought it would be. I remember when it happened at primary school and it was absolutly awful then, people were making fun of me for weeks. No one really seems to care which I find surprising. It's mainly been my friends who've laughed about it a bit but it's mainly just been banter and not anything genuinly hurtful.
    Hey Greg,

That's great to hear things haven't been too bad at school and that the banter from your friends hasn't been hurtful. Feel free to keep posting here whenever you'd like to :)

- Aife
    Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hi Greg,

Sorry to hear what happened to you.

I'm 20 now but when I was 13 I had an accident of the number 2 variety in class so I can imagine how you are feeling. I never liked using the toilets at school and I would use them for a wee but only if I was really desperate and I would certainly never poo there as there was no privacy, I would nearly always wait until I got home by which point I was always busting. I can obviously remember the day it happened as if it was yesterday as unfortunately it isn't something I'm likely to ever forget. I was bullied about it for weeks afterwards and it was terrible, even today some of my friends can't help but remind me about it.

Jack

• independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,610 Legendary Poster
    Hiya Greg,

I'm so sorry to hear this happened to you. I'm also 14 and it has been a long time since anything like this has happened to me but I do remember the humiliation of a similar thing happening to me when I was in about primary 3 (aged 7-8).

I'm so glad most of the laughing is just banter and that no one else has really said anything. Believe it or not, I was reading a thread online once (not on here) and this happens to adults too. It can really happen to anyone of any age much older than 14.

If you do ever get bullied reach out to someone you trust, or the hotlines and advice pages mentioned by Aife.

Take care.
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • AngelIsMe21AngelIsMe21 Posts: 132 The Mix Convert
    Dibs03 wrote: »
    My name is Greg and I wet my pants at school last week because a teacher wouldn't let me go to the toilet.
    It was a really hot day so I had drunk a lot of water. I'm that kid at school who is always asking to go to the toilet, I ask to go in most lessons and a lot of teachers have picked up on this and have stopped letting me go in class and telling me that I need to go between classes or during break and lunchtime.

It happened in our history class immediately after lunch. I hadn't needed to go at lunch and had spent most of lunchtime playing football. It was a really hot day and I had drunk about 3 bottles of water. When I got into class I quickly became really desperate, we have a really strict teacher for geography and he wouldn't let me go telling me that I'd just had an hour for lunch and that I should of gone then. I knew I was going to wet myself but I was too scared to ask again. I started fidgeting uncontrollably in my seat desperate to hold it in but it was no good. I felt a warm squirt in the front of my pants which I was able to stop but less than a minute later the same thing happened and I couldn't hold it in. I just froze, I wanted to run but couldn't. The room was quiet so everyone could hear this long hissing noise. It must of lasted for over a minute I desperately tried to stop but I ended up emptying my whole bladder. My friend who was sitting next to me knew what was happening and I was quickly removed from the class so I could clean myself up.

I've wet myself at school twice before when I was 7 and when I was 9, that was because I was too afraid to ask and I was far from the only one to have an accident at primary school. I'm 14 now and in year 9 so this is obviously really embarrassing and definitely shouldn't be happening to someone my age. I'm scared that I will be bullied really badly for this.

Have you considered perhaps seeing your gp about this as it's clear that this is something you struggle with at times?

I am 21 and still have this problem. . .But now have a diagnosed medical condition and take medication to help it.
  • FranFran Posts: 118 The Mix Convert
    Hey Dibs03! I am sorry for what happened but I am happy that you didn't have problems with your mates after that. Bullying people at school is wrong and dangerous and you shouldn't be put in the position to be afraid of that. It's now your fault what happened and it would have happened to anyone at your place.
    One thing that you could do if anyone made any comment about it is being in control of the situation. Don't be afraid of that episode and kindly explain that this is a uncontrollable reaction that happens when you drink a lot and can't go to the toilet!

- Fran
    Hey everyone!

I've just closed this thread as it's over a few months old now. Thank you for your lovely replies though! :)

- Aife
This discussion has been closed.