Home Help Desk
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Little problem!!

independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,610 Legendary Poster
edited January 2023 in Help Desk
So whenever I try to post a message from my phone it says that I have an error and “Invalid server response”... but I refresh the page and the post has still gone through (so no legitimate error at all)!

I just thought it was a little weird?
“Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• MirabelleMirabelle Posts: 1,020 Wise Owl
    Hey Eleanor,

It's because vBulletins is old software that cannot be updated. This is why when we move to Vanilla, the problem won't happen. It's not your phone, okay? The same happens when I post, especially on big threads. Refreshing your screen will reveal the post you made, so all's not lost. :)
  • independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,610 Legendary Poster
    This is still a problem... happening each and every time I post lol. I keep getting really confused thinking “so has this gone through or not”? And then I remember I have to reload the page!!
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
    This is still a problem... happening each and every time I post lol. I keep getting really confused thinking “so has this gone through or not”? And then I remember I have to reload the page!!

If you're using your phone, then the forum will be somewhat clunky. It just is. Even I have to refresh when on my laptop and what makes me really, really wild is when posting a new recipe...and up jumps “Invalid server response” and there's me thinking what the fuck??! Then I remember to hit refresh. Silly cow, me. :rolleyes:

But it's not going to happen much longer. Not when the board migrates to Vanilla. :thumb:

“Invalid server response”

fuckwit vb software. :razz:
  • TheMixTheMix Posts: 3,040 Boards Guru
    Hey both of you,

Apologies - we're only now catching up on things like this. Unfortunately this really just a symptom of the boards ageing. :rolleyes: Belle's right though, it should just be a case of refreshing. You can assume your post went through, even if it gives you an error message.

Reckon we'll all be pleased to say goodbye to this software and all its clunkiness!

Mike

We're @Aife, @Ella, @Emma_, @Gemma, and @JustV - the staff team here at The Mix.

Our DMs are monitored Monday - Friday (10am - 6pm) with limited cover on weekends. We have a great team of moderators looking after the community outside of those hours to check in on any reported posts.

We're not able to provide support on this account. If you need support urgently for any reason, please call 999, go to your nearest A&E or contact Crisis Messenger by texting THEMIX to 85258.
    The Mix wrote: »
    Hey both of you,

Apologies - we're only now catching up on things like this. Unfortunately this really just a symptom of the boards ageing. :rolleyes: Belle's right though, it should just be a case of refreshing. You can assume your post went through, even if it gives you an error message.

Reckon we'll all be pleased to say goodbye to this software and all its clunkiness!

Mike

I automatically refresh now without giving it second thoughts, haha!

Thanks Mike!