Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

I'm so upset

James_James_ Posts: 21 Boards Initiate
I just wanna curl up and cry for hours but i dont think i have the energy. i constantly feel in so much pain because my life is pathetic and worthless and people often make fun of my boring existence. I feel so lonely and hate that i have no friend that i can talk to this about because i know that my few friends would laugh at me because they call me depressed as if they think it's funny. I hate the insensitive dicks but i have no one else to talk to so i stick around with them. I've wanted to become a doctor too and i've got a biology tutor to help me get better grades but at the end of our last lesson she hinted that i should think about other options so now i have no goals in life and i cba to work at some shit office job so what's the point in going on

Comments

• RileyRiley Moderator Posts: 991 Part of The Mix Family
    Hi James.

First of all you're doing a great job talking about how you're feeling, a lot of people find it difficult to open about what's going on with them so thank you for that. It sounds like you're going through a really rough time at the moment and it's understandable that you're struggling so much. You mention that you feel you can't talk to your friends about how you're feeling but is there anyone else in your life you feel you can open up to about all this? It might be a good idea to talk to your GP about how you're feeling as there a lot of different options they can offer to you.

You also mentioned that becoming a doctor is a really important goal for you so it might be helpful for you to talk to your biology tutor about how your grades are doing and see if there's anything else you can do to help you towards your goal. Good luck with your studying!

- Riley
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • MirabelleMirabelle Posts: 1,020 Wise Owl
    I believe that you can get throught this. Nothing, not even feeling crap, lasts forever. To get out of this vicious circle of feeling down, tearfully unhappy and feeling so devastatingly dreadfully lonely, you like me need to make a little effort so that our lives can be made to feel worthwhile. You need to remember, James, that you are not alone, in anything - ever. No matter how much you feel like you are. If you are struggling, talk to someone you trust. Take their advice and push through the hard times. Allowing for feelings of "I don't wanna get out of bed today" you will be a stronger, better person for it if you try. And always remember that nothing lasts forever. Things will come good again, just give them time. Give yourself time. Please.

I keep going in the belief that life is getting better the more effort I put in, but where so many people go wrong is when they look back. At what was. I could say the same for myself, but decided to get a little stronger day by day. What had I to lose? Not a lot, but had everything to gain. While everything around me sucked, my iron will said to stop feeling pitifully bad about myself and bloody well do something about it. You know what? It's working. Every day depite a sinus infection and a clunky leg that's earnt me the name of Kerplunk! I'm getting better.

Remember, to see the rainbow you must first experience the rain.
  • nish215nish215 Posts: 64 Boards Initiate
    Hi James,

I'm sorry you're feeling like this right now. You mentioned you feel lonely and have no one to talk to, perhaps speaking to your GP maybe a good option? You'd be in a safe and confidential environment and can get some professional advice if that is what you want. You can also find people to talk to right here on The Mix, http://www.themix.org.uk/get-support/group-chat , this is a link to the upcoming group chats in the next two weeks that you can get involved in- you can try and find which group chat would suit you best first.

As for your dream job, if being a doctor is what you really want to do, you can maybe speak to your tutor to see where you need to improve to help you get the grades you want. You can try to learn from your mistakes rather than being discouraged. Keeping your end goal in mind will motivate you. :)

We're always here to talk,
    Nish