Home Introduce Yourself
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Hello everyone! Introducing myself

EmmaEmma Deactivated Posts: 23 Boards Initiate
Hey everyone,

I am really excited to be introducing myself in the boards. My name is Emma and I joined The Mix just last week as Digital Community Manager and I will be working closely with Mike and Aife. Where to start with an intro about me....?!

Well ...firstly I am a big fan of boards in general...I think it's so important that when we have an issue about something that we can reach out to others and feel understood and hear from others in similar situations.

Secondly one of my fave things to do is dance, I find it a really great way to have fun and let go of stress.:yippe:

I am very much looking forward to getting to know our community and supporting our community in my role here at The Mix ...I can already see this is an amazing community to be a part of!

Emma :)

Comments

• MirabelleMirabelle Posts: 1,020 Wise Owl
    Hi Emma! Do you climb trees, too? I love your avatar!

Welcome to our forum. I think you will enjoy it here. Mike and Aife are so cool and helpful.

Wishing you all the best and happy new year!

Belle xx
  • CharlotteCharlotte Posts: 229 Trailblazer
    Hello Emma and welcome to the team.
  • Jacob101Jacob101 Posts: 687 Incredible Poster
    Hiya @Emma !! Welcome to The Mix, we are a crazy but lovely bunch of people :)
    ''You were in the wilderness
    Looking for your own purpose
    Then you became a butterfly, a butterfly
    I knew you always would''

- James Arthur (YOU)
  • starfish_17starfish_17 Posts: 226 Trailblazer
    Hey @Emma

Welcome to the team. Nice to have you here :)

Esme x
  • AbigailAbigail Posts: 816 Part of The Mix Family
    Hey @Emma

Its lovely to be able to meet you now here on the boards. Its lovely that we get a fresh new face with us each year, Its lovely to see that the team is slowly growing.

See you round

speak soon

Abi
    Some people think I am unhappy. I'm not. I just approach silence in the world that never stops talking.
  • *BananaMonkey**BananaMonkey* Posts: 5,462 Part of The Furniture
    Hey Emma, welcome to TheMix :)

" And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
    " So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
    '' It's a beautiful day and I can't stop myself from smiling "
  • JellyelephantJellyelephant Posts: 1,869 Extreme Poster
    Hey Emma,

welcome :) Hope to see you around the boards

x
    The sun will rise and we will try again 
  • EmmaEmma Deactivated Posts: 23 Boards Initiate
    Mirabelle wrote: »
    Hi Emma! Do you climb trees, too? I love your avatar!

Welcome to our forum. I think you will enjoy it here. Mike and Aife are so cool and helpful.

Wishing you all the best and happy new year!

Belle xx

Hey Mirabelle! Thanks for the reply and the welcome :) I think I only climbed a tree once when I was younger...since then I am yet to climb a tree again. Do you climb trees? Ahh...that's good to hear you like my Avatar. It's an Oak tree. And yes...I totally agree Mike and Aife are cool and helpful.

Thanks for wishing me all the best and wishing you a happy new year too :cool:
    Charlotte wrote: »
    Hello Emma and welcome to the team.
    Hi Charlotte - thanks for the welcome to the team :)
    Jacob101 wrote: »
    Hiya @Emma !! Welcome to The Mix, we are a crazy but lovely bunch of people :)

Hey Jacob101, Thanks for the welcome! It's great to get all of your welcomes :)
    Esme17 wrote: »
    Hey @Emma

Welcome to the team. Nice to have you here :)

Esme x
    Hey Esme - ahh thanks for your warm welcoming reply :)
    Abigail wrote: »
    Hey @Emma

Its lovely to be able to meet you now here on the boards. Its lovely that we get a fresh new face with us each year, Its lovely to see that the team is slowly growing.

See you round

speak soon

Abi
    Hey Abi, great to get your reply to my intro :) See you around the boards indeed :)
    Hey Emma, welcome to TheMix :)
    Thanks for the welcome BananaMonkey :)
    Hey Emma,

welcome :) Hope to see you around the boards

x
    Hey Jellyelephant thanks for the welcome :)
    Emma wrote: »

Hey Mirabelle! Thanks for the reply and the welcome :) I think I only climbed a tree once when I was younger...since then I am yet to climb a tree again. Do you climb trees? Ahh...that's good to hear you like my Avatar. It's an Oak tree. And yes...I totally agree Mike and Aife are cool and helpful.

Thanks for wishing me all the best and wishing you a happy new year too :cool:

Hiya!

No I don't climb trees though the Lebanese cedar at my late mother's house looks inviting. At least for owls. ;)
  • independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,610 Legendary Poster
    Hey @Emma and welcome to the boards!! I'm Eleanor, 15 and I also love boards in general (particularly these ones)!

It's lovely to meet you.
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
    Mirabelle wrote: »

Hiya!

No I don't climb trees though the Lebanese cedar at my late mother's house looks inviting. At least for owls. ;)
    Hey Mirabelle, ah ok! Maybe one day you might climb the cedar. I have never heard of a Lebanese Cedar before. :)
    Hey @Emma and welcome to the boards!! I'm Eleanor, 15 and I also love boards in general (particularly these ones)!

It's lovely to meet you.
    Hey Eleanor, great to meet you! Thanks for the welcome to the boards :) Glad to hear you love these ones!
    Emma wrote: »
    Hey Mirabelle, ah ok! Maybe one day you might climb the cedar. I have never heard of a Lebanese Cedar before. :)

Here is a fine example, Emma. During summer its foliage changes to a beautiful blue-grey and it smells gorgeous.

http://s0.geograph.org.uk/geophotos/02/37/04/2370443_968c3e33.jpg
  • BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    heey Emma :wave:
    Welcome to the team and the boards! :hyper::heart:
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
    heey Emma :wave:
    Welcome to the team and the boards! :hyper::heart:
    Hey Bubblesgoesboo!! Great to get your welcome - I just tried to add an emoji :)
  • RhysRhys Posts: 288 The Mix Regular
    Oo an Admin, can't say ive seen one of them on the boards before :o

Welcome to the team never the less and I hope we get to work together in the future :wave:
    “Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.”― Bernard M. Baruch
    Rhys wrote: »
    Oo an Admin, can't say ive seen one of them on the boards before :o

Welcome to the team never the less and I hope we get to work together in the future :wave:
    Hey Rhys! I didn't know Admin's were so rare in the boards! Thanks for the welcome and I hope we get to work together in the future too :)
  • NikkiNikki Posts: 131 The Mix Convert
    Hi @Emma :wave: Welcome to the team and our community! :):) Nikki x
  • Invisible_meInvisible_me Posts: 138 The Mix Convert
    Hello Emma,

I've just joined TheMix Boards as well, but I can it does seem like a rather nice place.

Welcome and Enjoy the time!-

See you round,

Invisisble_me
    Hello Emma,

I've just joined TheMix Boards as well, but I can it does seem like a rather nice place.

Welcome and Enjoy the time!-

See you round,

Invisisble_me
    Hey Invisible me - thanks for the welcome and a big welcome back to you. Nice to know I am not the only newbie! :)
    Nikki wrote: »
    Hi @Emma :wave: Welcome to the team and our community! :):) Nikki x
    Hey Nikki :) Thanks for the welcome to the team!!
  • thehighlanderthehighlander Posts: 8 Confirmed not a robot
    Hey Emma :) Welcome to the Community. Aife and Mike are wonderful people and I'm sure you are so its a great addition to the team I'm sure!

Have a great weekend.

Chris
  • SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    Hey Emma👋👋
    Welcome to the boards
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
    Hey Emma :) Welcome to the Community. Aife and Mike are wonderful people and I'm sure you are so its a great addition to the team I'm sure!

Have a great weekend.

Chris
    Thanks Chris for the welcome !