Home Introduce Yourself
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Introducing Myself To The Mix

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi! My name is TheArcticFox, though you can call me Lyra! I am very new to this website, and I came here from another forum that I tried to sign up for. I've joined this place to just discuss my problems and see if I can find substantial help, though I'm not very hopeful about it. I've recently been experiencing a lot of mental issues, though no one will take me to get assessed. It's really annoying, because even though I RECOGNIZE THERE IS A PROBLEM, no one will try to help me.

Anyway, enough about that stuff, let's talk more about who I am.

My pen name is Lyra or Lyrica, whichever you prefer, I am twelve years of age. I may or may not have accidentally entered August 1st 2005 instead of August 2nd 2005 for my birthday, but oh well. I have quite a few socializing interests on this website, and I hope to meet a lot of people on here! Maybe someone could give me advice for my problems that I'm experiencing. Oh, you want to know what those problems are? In a minute. I have a few hobbies, like Sleeping, Reading and Writing, and though I did enjoy drawing, recently I've not been interested in it. It's boring me, now. I'm mostly a quiet individual, more introverted, in a sense. I don't keep my thoughts to myself around my family, but I do have an extreme fear of other people. They scare me, all of them, you never know who could be plotting for your murder to be the next on the papers!

Now, as for those problems.
There are three sections. Depression, Auditory Hallucinations, and Visual Hallucinations.`

Depression
Recently, I have had a very depressed and down mood, much more than normal. It's persistent, even when nothing in my life is going bad and everything is settled and fine, it's still there no matter what I do, out of my control, in a way. It's very bothersome, and it has affected my ability to think, to stay awake and have child-like energy that I should have at the age of 12, weight in the way or not.

Auditory Hallucinations
This is where things get fun. The auditory hallucinations I hear come in many different forms with different vocal attributes. One is a high pitched, annoying, girly voice. We call her Sabrina, she's always poking at me about my weight and appearance. Next we have a deep, male voice [see Markiplier], that we call Mark. He's usually the supporting one that wants me to take care of myself. Then a monotone voice, that is usually quiet unless I fuck up with friends, then he steps in and hits me hard about what I did to make them sad, angry or other, and he likes to not shut up for a few days. We call him Brian. Next, we have Joe, literally just the average Joe. He likes to bitch at me about everything I do, and likes giving me commentary on when I type things, my spelling mistakes, and he doesn't like me talking about him. [SHUT UP JOE-] Last, we have Jill, another average voice. She pokes at me C O N S T A N T L Y about cleaning, organizing, anything to do with Bipolar actions like scrubbing the house down to sparkly shines, and then other times she's poking at me about my mood, that's when she's a bit more sad, as I've noticed. They're really annoying but I don't think I'd understand how to function without them.

Visual Hallucnations
Ahahaha, whooo boy, this is for you Kaiden. Kaiden is one of my visual hallucinations, and he's watching over me while typing this right now, as a matter of fact! He's.... Hard to place, personality wise. I know he's more calm of a hallucination than any of my others, and he's quite friendly. Though, I don't like it when he puts his HANDS ON MY SHOULDERS QUIT THAT- okay thanks. Anyway, he's kind of an enigma to me, constantly changing. He's like a neko, part human, part cat. He can turn into a cat, and recently- Oh my god- He tried to pass through a wall not too long ago, and he smack into it so gracefully I almost died- It was amazing. It was amazing, so glorious, I wish I could show you but unfortunately for me he's in my head and there's not much I can do about it. He's a recent addition to my family of hallucinations. He's a good guy.

The only one's I don't like are my Depression, and these Auditory BASTARDS that are in my head. I understand that I shouldn't be able to tell that my hallucinations are, well, hallucinations, but lemme tell you how I know. THEY DO NOT LOOK HUMAN, ONE CAN TRANSFORM FROM HELL DEMON TO JACKASS, I HEAR DIFFERENT TONES WALNUTS IN MY M I N D AND THEY ARE NOT NORMAL. I can tell that simply because I like researching mental illnesses. They're interesting.

Thanks for reading my introduction, and until next time!

~TheArcticFox [More like TheArcticDickhead, as Kaiden puts it. (fuck you kaiden)]

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Corrections: Different *Toned walnuts, *Smacked into it so gracefully.
    I dunno if there is any more.
  • AbigailAbigail Posts: 816 Part of The Mix Family
    Hi there,

Welcome to the boards. Hope you gind it more helpful.

Its hard to find support, sorry that no one will take you to see your gp/doctor i am not sure if this is the same for you but you are aload to book doctors appointments without your parents being there and you can attend them unacccompanied.

Depression and other illness can be quite scary especially when your quite young. Do have a look round the site there are lots of useful articles and information on here.

You are not alone.

Sunday to thursday we have support chats and general chats on at 8pm till 9:30pm if you would like to join them. They are a great way to get to know people and seak support at the same time. Heres the link to the page - http://www.themix.org.uk/get-support/group-chat

Hope to see you round

Abi
    Some people think I am unhappy. I'm not. I just approach silence in the world that never stops talking.
  • MirabelleMirabelle Posts: 1,020 Wise Owl
    Welcome to @The Mix Lyra :)

I hope you can find what you are looking for here, but the forum staff are wonderful as are the members.

Wishing you all the very best,

~Belle
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Thank you, Mirabelle and Abigail.
    I'll be sure to hit up those chats if I'm awake. ;v;
  • MirabelleMirabelle Posts: 1,020 Wise Owl
    Have you read Philip Pullman's Dark Materials books? They are a brilliant read!
  • RhysRhys Posts: 288 The Mix Regular
    Hey Lyra, welcome to the boards.
    We have a few articles here you can check out, some about psychosis and hearing voices ect:
    http://www.themix.org.uk/mental-health/psychosis

Also, we offer a web chat if you're ever need for a 1-2-1 chat, its open 11am to 11pm every day.
    Link is here: http://www.themix.org.uk/get-support/speak-to-our-team

Samaritans also offers help 24/7 365 days so its worth keeping that in minds https://www.samaritans.org/how-we-can-help-you/contact-us

Feel free to explore the sections of the forums and have a nice stay here :wave:
    “Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.”― Bernard M. Baruch
  • CharlotteCharlotte Posts: 229 Trailblazer
    Hi welcome to the boards