Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Does anyone ever feel bad about the world after terror attacks?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
After a particularly bad attack, do you ever feel bad about the world and all the people in it? I certainly do after all the recent attacks, especially coming right after last night's one in New York.

Comments

• independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,610 Legendary Poster
    It does make you think doesn't it. I tend to think more about the lives very cruelly cut short. There's so many lives with so much potential cut by these extremists.
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I personally believe the one's who carry out the attack are also victims and so are their families

I wouldn't try to ever defend their actions and of course I feel for those who were attacked.

But what drove the attackers to do this? ISIS in my opinion just brain wash vunerable people with a fake idiologiy. There's nothing Islamic about any of there actions, I have a friend in America who is a muslim and I spoke to a lot to understand Islam more which made me start thinking this way about their attacks.

Something has just gone really wrong somewhere and instead of getting the right support, someone has taken advantage of what happened. This might not be the case but I believe this is what happened most of the time.

Which is just really sad, it causes pain to those who are attacked , there familes too and the familes of the attackers of what a loved one has done.

It's all just really sad and you have to wonder is their more everyone could do, to stop this sort of stuff from happening? :/
  • vidhyavidhya Deactivated Posts: 75 Budding Regular
    @NovaBrunswick It's completely normal to feel scared/anxious after a terrorist attack, especially one as devastating as the New York attack a couple of days ago. Unfortunately, the world isn't a perfect place, and sometimes people have bad intentions.:no:

The Mix has a great article all about the news and resources to contact if you feel anxious after reading the news: http://www.themix.org.uk/mental-health/looking-after-yourself/is-the-news-making-you-feel-anxious-23029.html .

I hope this helped!

Vidhya @The Mix