Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Nature Photography Sharing...Get Involved!

SunshineSoulSunshineSoul Posts: 57 Boards Initiate
With World Mental Health Day being next week I wanted to start a thread where we all share photographs of nature that we have taken ourselves, and the reason behind this is because:
24874fc0e90c0ea95a82fd7ae705a73f--famous-photography-photography-business.jpg

​We have all at one point or another in our lives struggled with our mental and emotional well-being and during these hard times it helps to take time to refocus and gain perspective. One tool you can use to do this may be right in your pocket...your camera phone! It has been proven time and again that creativity and art therapy are valuable tools for emotional wellness. Photography is one such tool that you can utilise without being professionally trained and modern technology provides easy-to-use options and now anyone can take photos — and just by taking a photo, you are taking a moment to stop and look at your environment through a new lens. This moment can be the moment that changes your day from a negative to a positive — or at least gives you a momentary distraction and calm.

​So whether on your daily commute you want to capture how the leaves are starting to turn orange, or there's a cute dog that makes you go 'aw' take a photo and share because it won't only help you but it will help others to share that moment of happiness too :)

​I can't wait to see all of your beautiful snaps!

​- Sunny :rainbow:

*please note, only nature photos are allowed on this thread, and although we are natural beings please do not include photographs of yourselves or other people*

Comments

• RhysRhys Posts: 288 The Mix Regular
    This is a picture I keep looking at, I used to do a lot of cycling and take photos on my phone, I love this one as I feel I caught the sun at the right time so get it. Cycling used to take my mind of most things and be my escape.

I'm not a photographer though.

Attachment not found.
    “Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.”― Bernard M. Baruch
  • starfish_17starfish_17 Posts: 226 Trailblazer
    This is a photo I took from the cliffs near my house where I go to “escape” whenever I need to. It’s always so peaceful and calming here.
  • BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    Rhys & Esme, dunno if it's just me but can't see your pics :(
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
  • Past UserPast User Posts: 976 Part of The Mix Family
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Past UserPast User Posts: 976 Part of The Mix Family
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    also this view on the way to my sisters old flat...she lived somewhere so peaceful
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
  • PositiveAuraPositiveAura Posts: 150 Helping Hand
    Hi everyone!:wave:

These all look like such lovely places.

​It would be great to know where some of your favourite, most picturesque, tranquil places are? Even if there are not photos.

​I found that Scandinavia is so so peaceful. And of course this is because of all the nature and lack of roads in the North, reindeers everywhere.

-PositiveAura:rainbow2: