Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Beavement on 1/10/17

Laura12345Laura12345 Posts: 265 The Mix Regular
So to everyone out there last Sunday (1st Oct) in the early morning my sisters ex lost his dad and it has left a hole in my sisters life and my life as we were all extremely close to the family as my sister was with him for 2 years and his mum is the manager of the preschool that I help out at for years now.

​How can this become easier?

Comments

• Options
    AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,031 Boards Guru
    Hey Laura,

I'm really sorry to hear what's happened, this sounds like a really difficult time for you all. I hope you, your sister and rest of your family are okay. Loosing someone that's close to us can be really hard and it does take time. How are you feeling today?

There's an article on The Mix website that might be helpful to read through about grief and bereavement. Here's a bit of advice from the article that might be helpful:
    The important thing is to get support from people you trust. Your family and friends all understand what you’re dealing with, and will want to help. Exactly how is down to you. Whether you want to talk about your feelings, reflect on your loss, or simply get out to take your mind off things, just do whatever feels right and makes you feel better. And remember to keep in touch with your doctor. If you are having sleeping problems, your doctor may prescribe sleeping tablets or may refer you to a counsellor if you feel the need for more help to cope with a loss.

How are things at the moment with your family? Is there anyone in your family you can reach out to about how you're feeling?

Hope things get a little better this week.

All the best,

- Aife
    Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
  • Options
    Laura12345Laura12345 Posts: 265 The Mix Regular
    Hi Aife. Yeah its quite hard to get over what's happened as it was so sudden and it is going to take a while to get used to things. not feeling too bad today thank you. I'll take a look of the article on the mix thanks. I don't feel I can open up with anyone about how I am feeling right now as I have so much on my mind that its hard to explain exactly what I'm feeling. things are slightly better right now.
  • Options
    AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,031 Boards Guru
    Hey Laura,

I'm sorry to hear that you feel you can't open up to anyone about how you're feeling. For some people it can help to write everything down to help explore how you're feeling. Is thing something you'd find helpful?

That's reassuring to hear that things are slightly better at the moment, stay strong and keep going. We're all here to support you too :)

All the best,

- Aife
    Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤