Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Breaking down

Ok, so i've been through almost all of the medicines there is for hallucinations and delusions. But none of them work completely. What I mean is they work for a second, and then it adapts to the meds and doesn't work anymore. My psychiatrist doesn't even know how bad it is. He thinks I can function like any normal person when really I'm having a tough time. I am diagnosed with schizophrenia, anxiety, and depression. I don't take really good care of myself but I want to learn. Sometimes I feel like going for a run and never coming back. Everything is tough on me and I don't understand why. I always wanna die. I'm always hearing voices but they don't like it when I tell people. What should I do? Should I set up another appointment with my psychiatrist? There's nothing he can do at this point except meds.

Comments

• RileyRiley Moderator Posts: 991 Part of The Mix Family
    Hi novocaine.

I'm sorry to hear you're having such a rough time at the moment. It must be very tough having to deal with hallucinations and delusions as you mentioned. Thankfully there's a great charity out there called The Hearing Voices Network http://www.hearing-voices.org/ and they have lots of great services and resources available that you might find helpful.

You also mentioned having difficulties with your psychiatrist, have you considered trying to see a different medical professional as there are always a lot of options out there for you. If you go to http://www.counselling-directory.org.uk/ that website can help you find any counsellors and psychiatrists in your area if you want to consider that.

I hope this helps.

- Riley
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru
    I think an important step would be to talk to your psychiatrist about it as there are more options out there and if you don't feel they are right for you then you can always request another as Riley suggested x

Best wishes :rainbow2:

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
    It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld