Home Help Desk
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Locked out of my account

BillieTheBotBillieTheBot Posts: 8,721 Bot

I didn't even change it it was the same as before and I couldn't sign in?

Why did this happen?

I've had to reset the password now
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    This happened to me as well! I've had the same password for ages and not changed it and it just wouldn't let me in. (Yes i typed it correctly).
    Curious to know why this would happen??
  • Options
    Past UserPast User Posts: 976 Part of The Mix Family
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    TheMixTheMix Posts: 3,040 Boards Guru
    Hey guys,

So... :blush:

Turns out this was actually caused by my password manager. Basically, whenever I've been going to someone's profile in the back end of the boards, it's been updating the password for that account to the one I have saved for my account. For some bizarre reason it wasn't giving me a prompt so I didn't realise it was happening until now. :rolleyes:

Apologies for the annoyance everyone - won't happen again!

Mike
    We're @Aife, @Ella, @Gemma, and @JustV - the staff team here at The Mix.

Our DMs are monitored Monday - Friday (10am - 5pm) with limited cover on weekends. We have a great team of moderators looking after the community outside of those hours to check in on any reported posts.

We're not able to provide support on this account. If you need support urgently for any reason, please call 999, go to your nearest A&E or contact Crisis Messenger by texting THEMIX to 85258.
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    The Mix wrote: »
    Hey guys,

So... :blush:

Turns out this was actually caused by my password manager. Basically, whenever I've been going to someone's profile in the back end of the boards, it's been updating the password for that account to the one I have saved for my account. For some bizarre reason it wasn't giving me a prompt so I didn't realise it was happening until now. :rolleyes:

Apologies for the annoyance everyone - won't happen again!

Mike

You been snooping on us ;)?
  • Options
    TheMixTheMix Posts: 3,040 Boards Guru
    Hiccup wrote: »

You been snooping on us ;)?

Strictly professional, I promise. ;)

Mike
    We're @Aife, @Ella, @Gemma, and @JustV - the staff team here at The Mix.

Our DMs are monitored Monday - Friday (10am - 5pm) with limited cover on weekends. We have a great team of moderators looking after the community outside of those hours to check in on any reported posts.

We're not able to provide support on this account. If you need support urgently for any reason, please call 999, go to your nearest A&E or contact Crisis Messenger by texting THEMIX to 85258.
  • Options
    AbigailAbigail Posts: 818 Part of The Mix Family
    Mike, how dare you?!! Im sorry but it is funny
    Some people think I am unhappy. I'm not. I just approach silence in the world that never stops talking.