Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Struggling with my mental health

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I've been coming off my depression medication slowly the past few months, after being on them for a year and half.

My suicidal thoughts having been plaguing me the past few weeks. I've been cold, feeling numb, shutting down emotionally, hating everyone and everything again. Slightly snappy. And my self harming urges have been making a come back.

I just don't know what to do anymore, just give in? I'm lost hope in ever getting better.

Comments

• Options
    DistractionDistraction Posts: 449 Listening Ear
    Hi,

I don't know much about coming off medication but the rest of what ur saying I can relate to, as many people here will, my advise isn't really that helpful but I found you just have to go through it. We're with you on this and I hope you find something/someone that helps u on here and by the way, none of us really know what we're doing ;)

J x
  • Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,495 Skive's The Limit
    Hey shadows. Welcome.

I'm really sorry you feel like this.

Do you think the medication helped? If so maybe going back onto them maybe an option. It sounds like you came of them slowly which is always good. But is always best to speak with your doctor or who gave them out about coming of them to help you find the least negative repercussions.

But giving up shouldn't be an option there are ways to feel better. Youre important. You desrve support and to feel better. Even if it does mean going on medication again. But there are also other healthy coping mechanisms, like doing things you enjoy.to try and help. And speaking to someone.

Hope things start getting a lil bit better soon
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley