Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Please Help Me.

ShatteredSecretsShatteredSecrets Posts: 186 Helping Hand
I'm just really not coping. I've been dealing with flashbacks and memories for ages. I want to say at least the past 3 almost 4 years. I just can't cope anymore. I don't know what to do or how to make it go away. I don't really have anyone to talk to about it. I've been trying to approach a youth worker about it and keep losing my nerve. I'm just scared and hate all of this. I'm worried about confidentiality and losing the trust and how people would react. I just want to be normal!

:crying::crying::crying:

I am made entirely of flaws, stitched together with good intentions.

Comments

• AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,026 Boards Guru
    Hey ShatteredSecrets,

I'm really sorry to hear that you feel you're not coping. It sounds like you've been going through a really difficult time for a few years now. I just wanted to say you're taking a great first step in reaching out here for support and advice. For many people going through a difficult time, it can often feel like you don't know what to do, so you're not alone at all and it's okay to feel this way. Do you want to talk a bit more about these flashbacks and memories you're experiencing?

You've mentioned that you've tried to approach a youth worker about how you're feeling, what do you feel is stopping you from speaking with them? You've mentioned a bit about being worried about confidentiality and this can be a worrying for many people. For some people, asking questions about their confidentially policy can be really helpful to get a sense of what you can and can't talk about for things to be kept confidential. Do you think this might be useful?

Stay strong ShatteredSecrets *hug*

All the best,

- Aife
    Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤